email alerts - verification of email issue
AmyNJohnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to change my default email address where email alerts about calls&voicemail coming into my home phone line are sent to.  I have tried several times and each time I receive a verizon email to verify my email address, but never does the link actually "verify" the email address.  The link always leads me to my verizon home page.  Therefore, I am unable to change my default email address where alerts are sent to.  Can someone please help? 

Re: email alerts - verification of email issue
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry the email updates are not going through. The process to change the notification varies depending what kind of service you have. If you have FIOS Digital Voice (characterized by needing to dial an area code for local numbers) , you do it from the www.verizon.com/fiocevoice website. You login with you email credentials. If thats the kind of service you have and still have troubles, please send me a private message. If you have regular FIOS telephone (meaning you dont have to dial area code for local numbers) , that has to be done through the Verizon Call Assistant. For more help on that, you can reach their team at 888-483-5156

Re: email alerts - verification of email issue
cmill5841
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am prompted to verify my e-mail when I first access my FIOS home page. The correct e-mail address shows, and I click through to verify it, but I have never received the e-mail that is promised, so I can't respond to it, and the verification process is never completed. Is this a known problem? It's getting to be pretty annoying! Thanks!