Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

email authentication fail

ge_315
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

email authentication fail

Message 1 of 3
(934 Views)

We have 2 email sub-accounts to our VOL account.  We access these via separate instances of Eudora, as separate 'users' under Windows.  Per the latest VZ notification, I changed the email settings for both users, to 'pop.verizon.net', 'smtp.verizon.net', and (SSL) 'required, alt port'.  When I went to get email, I had to re-enter the password.  (I used the 'master account' password.)

On one sub-account, this worked fine. 

On the other, we get an "authentication failed" error.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  In particular, can a sub-account have a different password than the root account?  (My records don't show that we did that, but things can be forgotten.)

Thanks,

George

2 REPLIES 2
ATM_Tester
Contributor
Contributor

Re: email authentication fail

Message 2 of 3
(926 Views)

I'm having the same issues with MS Outlook.  The new settings don't work.

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: email authentication fail

Message 3 of 3
(900 Views)

@ge_315 wrote:

... can a sub-account have a different password than the root account?  (My records don't show that we did that, but things can be forgotten.) ...

There is no relationship among passwords for either the primary account or any of the nine allowed subaccounts.  In many cases it is useful to have the same passwords, of course, but there is no requirement to do so.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.