email fees when leaving verizon
doth123

does anyone know if you have in email still ending in verizon.net and  kept in when they set everyone to aol...if I switch services to Xffinity does verizon charge you for using your verizon.net email????   some one told me they did...and if so how much is it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email fees when leaving verizon
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon used to charge for keeping your e-mail address when you didn't use their Internet services. Since moving the e-mail to AOL / Yahoo, the account remains as a "free" account on AOL or Yahoo. Verizon won't re-issue your e-mail address or User ID if you had cancelled service and they cancelled out your e-mail address. I can speak from first hand experience, since I no longer have Verizon DSL at home since moving to Cable Internet. my @verizon.net e-mail accounts which were on Yahoo for years, continue to work today. Resetting the account's password, however, is very much broken.

With that said, make sure you keep a local copy of any e-mails you have which are important, and be sure your accounts have more than one recovery e-mail address (or a phone number) listed. Just in case anything does actually happen to your @verizon.net account.

View solution in original post

Re: email fees when leaving verizon
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon used to charge for keeping your e-mail address when you didn't use their Internet services. Since moving the e-mail to AOL / Yahoo, the account remains as a "free" account on AOL or Yahoo. Verizon won't re-issue your e-mail address or User ID if you had cancelled service and they cancelled out your e-mail address. I can speak from first hand experience, since I no longer have Verizon DSL at home since moving to Cable Internet. my @verizon.net e-mail accounts which were on Yahoo for years, continue to work today. Resetting the account's password, however, is very much broken.

With that said, make sure you keep a local copy of any e-mails you have which are important, and be sure your accounts have more than one recovery e-mail address (or a phone number) listed. Just in case anything does actually happen to your @verizon.net account.