email folders on the iPad
schneidny

how do I make email folders on the server to have them show up on my iPad? The folks at Apple told me I could only do it via the server, but when I add folders from my verizon.net account, they don't show up on the iPad.

0 Likes
Re: email folders on the iPad
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

To get folders, you need an "imap" capable server for email.   Verizon's mail server only supports "pop" and thus you do not have folder capability.

Daveyk01

Did you ever solve this? I don't buyApple'scrappy escuse. Weneeds Outlook Express for tha iPad!

0 Likes
Potomac2

Does ano one know if this "problem" has been solved?  It is 2013 ... Hoping one can now has a way to view Verizon email folders on the iPad 

0 Likes
Calliemom
I have set up folders on my desktop Verizon account but cannot get them to appear on my IPAD email. A friend was able to do this on her Apple computer and sync to her IPAD. The mail folders appeared! Can anyone help me with this. It would be extremely useful.
0 Likes
tcmits1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apple high level techs informed me that Verizon still has not changed over from "pop" and, as a result, the folders will not and cannot change until Verizon upgrades.

I also find it very frustrating but this info came from one of the highest tech support managers Apple has and with whom I am able to directly contact for all technical support, bypassing the usual lower level tech support routes.

Gpugplus2
Can you ask your contacts is it possible to forward the verizon email to a gmail account??
0 Likes