email forwarding
sniggihj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there anyone who knows how I can automatically forward specific emails?  I know I can set the system to forward all emails but I don't see where I can set a rule or filter to forward specific emails automatically.  Thanks.  Jack

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: email forwarding
Justin46
Legend

@sniggihj wrote:

Is there anyone who knows how I can automatically forward specific emails?  I know I can set the system to forward all emails but I don't see where I can set a rule or filter to forward specific emails automatically.  Thanks.  Jack

Jack,

It appears that you can do what you want by setting up a filter:

The field I circled accepts an email address. So assuming you can set up the filter with the appropriate "if" conditions, I think it will send the email to wherever you want, based on the conditions. Now, I have not tested this, but it does look like it will work. Have you tried this?

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@sniggihj wrote:

Jack,

It appears that you can do what you want by setting up a filter:

The field I circled accepts an email address. So assuming you can set up the filter with the appropriate "if" conditions, I think it will send the email to wherever you want, based on the conditions. Now, I have not tested this, but it does look like it will work. Have you tried this?

Keller, TX 76248

sniggihj
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seemed to do the trick.  Thanks for the help. Jack

Somethingelse2

This works fine for junk, but what if I want to send an email and keep it too.  For example my email account is tied to the PayPal account that I use to pay for stuff.  That’s how I pay for my stepdaughter’s swim team fees via TeamUnify.  Of course it’s also the email address that’s used for all communications about meets, cancellations, etc.  Since she spends part of her time with her other family, I need a way to forward all these messages there as well as keep them myself.  I can do this in Outlook and Gmail.  The problem is the email doesn’t go to my Gmail account (which actually is configured to forward email to my Verizon account) and the Outlook rules only work when I download the email.  If I’m not using Outlook, nothing happens.

Today practice was cancelled a couple of hours before practice, but I wasn’t logged on.  So the word didn’t get forwarded in time to save an unnecessary trip.  Since both households are involved in the meets (are part of the staff) it would be really nice to be able to use this feature.  We have similar issues with school, other sports, etc.

Isn’t there some way to provide this feature?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Somethingelse wrote:

This works fine for junk, but what if I want to send an email and keep it too.  For example my email account is tied to the PayPal account that I use to pay for stuff.  That’s how I pay for my stepdaughter’s swim team fees via TeamUnify.  Of course it’s also the email address that’s used for all communications about meets, cancellations, etc.  Since she spends part of her time with her other family, I need a way to forward all these messages there as well as keep them myself.  I can do this in Outlook and Gmail.  The problem is the email doesn’t go to my Gmail account (which actually is configured to forward email to my Verizon account) and the Outlook rules only work when I download the email.  If I’m not using Outlook, nothing happens.

Today practice was cancelled a couple of hours before practice, but I wasn’t logged on.  So the word didn’t get forwarded in time to save an unnecessary trip.  Since both households are involved in the meets (are part of the staff) it would be really nice to be able to use this feature.  We have similar issues with school, other sports, etc.

Isn’t there some way to provide this feature?

Pulling my reply from this thread, as I feel it may be what  you're looking for:

An important note: if you set your verizon.net email to forward, it will NOT keep a copy of the message on the verizon.net site. It is possible to set this up with your verizon.net address, but it requires the use of filters.

After some trial and error, this is the way that I've found to make this work with a verizon.net address successfully. You have to set up 2 filters.

Filter 1:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically move to folder: Inbox

This seems redundant, but this is how you get it to keep a copy of the message in your verizon.net inbox. Replace "yourusername" with your actual verizon.net username.

Filter 2:

If To or CC matches yourusername@verizon.net then automatically send notification to ##########@vtext.com

This sends the message to your vtext account. Replace "##########" with your VZW number.

BOTH of these filters have to be set up for you to get a copy both places.

Obviously you'll put you email address in instead of the vtext address, but it should work the same way. You can also change the criteria if you don't want every message to forward. Hope this helps!