email "delivery failed" when I didn't send any
muffnme

I am getting upwards of 20 "delivery failed" emails from the verizon postmaster every few days.

They are emails I have not sent.

Do I need to change my email address? Are they getting my address from someone else's contacts list?

Wondering what I should do.

0 Likes
Re: email "delivery failed" when I didn't send any
Comet2011L4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello muffnme,

You do not need to change your email address.

The best thing to do is ignore the messages and use Spam Detector to help prevent spam. If you continue to receive spam you can report it to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net   by forwarding the entire message with full headers displayed.

Yes, it is possible that someones computer was infected with a virus or worm and it has your email address in their contact list.

You should scan your own computer with an anti-virus software to assure computer security.

0 Likes
alphamares1

I have received over 30 emails from 'postmaster@verizon.net' with delivery failure notices just today. I have been getting

them for the last week. I was checking each one because we run our business from home and it could be a client. I have my spam filter on. Is there a valid email address for verizon :  postmaster@verizon.net because, at least for how I have blocked it.

Thank you

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Change your password and run a virus scan.

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3
Contributor
alphamares
Re: email "delivery failed" when I didn't send any[ New ]

I have received over 30 emails from 'postmaster@verizon.net' with delivery failure notices just today. I have been getting

them for the last week. I was checking each one because we run our business from home and it could be a client. I have my spam filter on. Is there a valid email address for verizon :  postmaster@verizon.net because, at least for how I have blocked it.

Thank you

just fyi it could be someone is what they call "spoofing" your email address. you can either block the  postmaster domain or use a filter "from contains choose delete do that for like a week it should go away.

0 Likes