email@verizon.net not refresshing on any of my iphones HELP
horridphonecomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

as of tuesday 12/25/18 my main verizon email account is not refreshing on any of my iphone devices.  I am able to get verizon emai via the aol sign-in of my computer - as I have been doing for the past year.  I double checked that my PW was accurate.  I called verizon, they tried to help. then they sent me to AOL (since aol now "manages" verizon email accounts).  AOL refused to help me unless I upgraded to a paid membership-   I even called Iphone support,  who could only tell me that I needed to use  as incoming imap.aol.com and outgoing as smtp.aol.com  which didnt work,  I tried multiple perputations. using differnet ports 995, 993, or 465 or 587,   I tried incoming.verizon.net,  i tried pop.verizon.net, I tried  imap.verizon.net  etc... NOTHING works on any IPHONE  HELP!!!!

0 Likes
Re: email@verizon.net not refresshing on any of my iphones HELP
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you take a look at your account does it show up as IMAP or POP?

Re: email@verizon.net not refresshing on any of my iphones HELP
horridphonecomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

my main verizon account- had incoming.verizon.net,  so I tried changing it to pop.verizon.net port 995, & smtp.verizon.net port 465.  I tried imap.aol,   I tried pop.verizon, with port 993 & smtp w port 587 or something like that.

I spoke to verizon who said I should use imap  but that didnt work,  I called AOl but they refused to help.  I called apple we tried several permutations none worked

my sub account from verizon - works fine-  it uses pop.verizon.net port 995, & smtp.verizon.net port 465, that works fine.  Its weird I have 3 iphones, 4,7 &8 and the main account stopped refreshing on 12/25.    I wish I knew how to convert my verizon.net to aol.com, w/o losing my old emails. 

0 Likes