quick menu

email@verizon.net not refresshing on any of my iphones HELP

email@verizon.net not refresshing on any of my iphones HELP

Contributor horridphonecomp
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(283 Views)

as of tuesday 12/25/18 my main verizon email account is not refreshing on any of my iphone devices.  I am able to get verizon emai via the aol sign-in of my computer - as I have been doing for the past year.  I double checked that my PW was accurate.  I called verizon, they tried to help. then they sent me to AOL (since aol now "manages" verizon email accounts).  AOL refused to help me unless I upgraded to a paid membership-   I even called Iphone support,  who could only tell me that I needed to use  as incoming imap.aol.com and outgoing as smtp.aol.com  which didnt work,  I tried multiple perputations. using differnet ports 995, 993, or 465 or 587,   I tried incoming.verizon.net,  i tried pop.verizon.net, I tried  imap.verizon.net  etc... NOTHING works on any IPHONE  HELP!!!!

2 REPLIES
Silver Contributor I Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 2 of 3
(233 Views)

When you take a look at your account does it show up as IMAP or POP?

Contributor horridphonecomp
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(211 Views)

my main verizon account- had incoming.verizon.net,  so I tried changing it to pop.verizon.net port 995, & smtp.verizon.net port 465.  I tried imap.aol,   I tried pop.verizon, with port 993 & smtp w port 587 or something like that.

I spoke to verizon who said I should use imap  but that didnt work,  I called AOl but they refused to help.  I called apple we tried several permutations none worked

my sub account from verizon - works fine-  it uses pop.verizon.net port 995, & smtp.verizon.net port 465, that works fine.  Its weird I have 3 iphones, 4,7 &8 and the main account stopped refreshing on 12/25.    I wish I knew how to convert my verizon.net to aol.com, w/o losing my old emails. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios