erroneous fios email warnings
john02
Enthusiast - Level 2

anyone else rec'ing potential loss of service email from fios pertaining to new email server settings?  I made the changes months ago and have had ongoing service with fios, yet they continue to warn me I risk interruption of service.

and yes, I checked in/out servers(incoming/outgoing), ssl enabled with new ports for both, etc. 

I learned long ago the last place to seek fios related answers is from fios employees, so I ask here.

what could explain these messages?

thanks.

Re: erroneous fios email warnings
DoninHB
Enthusiast - Level 1

DITTO,

I received the same email on 11/14.  It said it was the third warning. 

This is after I spent 40 minutes on the phone with a tech - several weeks ago - who I let access my MAC, and she verified all the settings were correct.

Again, I checked settings on both computer and two iphones and they agree with the email requirements. 

HOWEVER, when I try to change the incoming server to pop.verizon on the iPad, an error message pops up (no pun) that the pop.verizon  setting will not work.

SO, I am waiting for the shoe to drop and will figure out what to do with the iPad.

Anyone else having iPad problems???

Thanks,

Don

0 Likes
john02
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, I agree, no choice but wait and see if the warning email generator is stupid. 

though I am curious how I could have continued email service with the new settings and they not see it.  what are they doing?

good luck.

thanks.

0 Likes
logan81
Contributor - Level 3
It is legitimate. What some people forget is that these settings apply to programs such as outlook but also all of you that have smart phones with email configured on them. If you have not changed the settings on your smart phone or tablet then you will need to do that in order to stop these messages. otherwise all that will happen is you will stop getting emails on these devices when the change eventually does take effect.
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@DoninHB wrote:

DITTO,

I received the same email on 11/14.  It said it was the third warning. 

HOWEVER, when I try to change the incoming server to pop.verizon on the iPad, an error message pops up (no pun) that the pop.verizon  setting will not work.

SO, I am waiting for the shoe to drop and will figure out what to do with the iPad.

The iPad is why you are still getting the emails. Any device using the old settings is authenticating to the old servers with your account information.