folder won't open
bettyboop1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just set up the Verizon email with folders to store emails.  One folder holds contact information for jobs, and shows that there are 7 messages therein, but I cannot open the folder.  I tried the same operation with other folders; they don't open either!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: folder won't open
bettyboop1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

ADDENDUM

I found the problem.....by manipulating my screen views, I was able to enlarge the section containing "my folders" and found the folder listing allowing access to the folder contents.  Thanks for the hints that made me look harder for the solution. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are you trying to open the folders from your Left-side bar, or the manage folders screen?

0 Likes
bettyboop1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize that folders won't open from the "manage folders" option on the left, but MSN email and Outlook also have storage

folders (recently switched directly to Verizon from MSN; I had different problems with Outlook).  The folders were "stored" on the

left of the email screen and opened with simple point-and-click.  This email service isn't as user-friendly, or I haven't dug deeply

enough.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

When I log into my mail, I have a pane on the left that looks something like this:

There is a Section called My Folders beneath the Trash folder that contains all custom created folders. Clicking on any of those folders opens in in the viewing pane.

If this is not what you see, could you describe your screen and/or provide a screenshot?

bettyboop1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

ADDENDUM

I found the problem.....by manipulating my screen views, I was able to enlarge the section containing "my folders" and found the folder listing allowing access to the folder contents.  Thanks for the hints that made me look harder for the solution. 

0 Likes
Peachesandherb

I have saved many folders from my emails which was really convienient.  Now they will not open. I have checked the box and clicked to open, they will not.  Please help.  Peaches

0 Likes
Peachesandherb

this is exactly what I can see, but the folders will not open as they did before.

0 Likes
Peachesandherb

Did you ever find a solution?  I have that problem too.  RSVP.  Peaches

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Peachesandherb wrote:

this is exactly what I can see, but the folders will not open as they did before.

When you click on your custom folders in the left pane, what happens?

0 Likes