getting my verizon email from another computer
zakman
Enthusiast - Level 1

my main computer just went down and I would like to continue to view my verizon email from my laptop, which is not set  up with email account from verizon.

I know there is some string that I can type to retrieve my email but not sure what that is.

I looked in the help section but could not find the answer in all the junk listed there.

Can anyone please provide simple instructions on how I can get my verizon email

thanks

Re: getting my verizon email from another computer
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you want to use webmail, simply point your browser's address bar to http://webmail.verizon.com and log in.

If you prefer to use a pop3 client (such as Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or Mac Mail), then you will need to configure your client of choice with the appropriate settings. Below are the settings you should be using. If you have trouble with the configuration, tell us what client you are using and we can try to give step-by-step instructions.

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net