how can I permanently change my default font color on outgoing emails?
mrlewan
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the old email setttings-I was able to set my default font color to purple & every email I composed, automatically was purple. With this new "improved" email - it defaults to black & I have to manually change it each & every time-VERY annoying!

Thank you!

Re: how can I permanently change my default font color on outgoing emails?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you can with the old interface.

To get there. quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/I-hate-this-new-email-How-do-I-go-back/td-p/260257/pa...

Verizon seems to have removed the "Go To Classic View" tab if you have been using the new format for any length of time. However, you CAN simulate the function of that missing button and revert to the Classic View (despite what Verizon Customer Support reps might tell you) simply by following these very simple instructions:

Login to your account and go to your inbox view. In the address bar at the top of your screen, type the following EXACTLY as I have typed it here:

http://webmail.verizon.com/signin/VMCOptOut?src=vmc

Click ENTER to the right of the address bar (or press the ENTER key on your keyboard).

(this command basically tells the system that you are Opting Out of the new view)

That's it!  Your account should now be reverted back to the Classic View.

Enjoy!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@mrlewan wrote:

In the old email setttings-I was able to set my default font color to purple & every email I composed, automatically was purple. With this new "improved" email - it defaults to black & I have to manually change it each & every time-VERY annoying!

Thank you!

Permanent change works in the "new" email also, just did it to make sure. Click on the Settings button, then:

Make the change, save it, log out and log back in (in my testing the change did not show up until I logged out and back in). I then sent an email to another email address I have, came in just fine in the new font color.

Keller, TX 76248

mrlewan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have that option in my email page-nothing that says "display"  I'm using Windows 7, perhaps that's why? My girlfriend uses Windows XP & her page looks like yours.

Thanks so far!

Maria

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@mrlewan wrote:

I don't have that option in my email page-nothing that says "display"  I'm using Windows 7, perhaps that's why? My girlfriend uses Windows XP & her page looks like yours.

Thanks so far!

Maria

It is not because you are using Windows 7, I am also using Windows 7:

Do you have the Settings button visible so you can click on it?

If not, I have no clue, but what browser are you using? I am using Firefox, but that should not make any difference.

If yes, what do you see when you click on it?

Keller, TX 76248