how do you report extreme spam
dmblivefan
Enthusiast - Level 1

i receive 30 plus emails A DAY from some strange address ending in @HOLYOKEITENIGHTTRIPPING.INFO.  basically there are tons of garble rubbish before the @.... then some more crap...then they all end in HOLYOKEITENIGHTTRIPPING.INFO.  EVERY emal is different , but all same spam products advertised... but body of emails are all blank, so cannot unsubscribe.    it wont let me add to "block list" cause "not vailid email address".    how can i report?

here is the IP info for who owns this crap...repeateded emails to him has done nothing.

Domain ID:D42465234-LRMS
Domain Name:HOLYOKEITENIGHTTRIPPING.INFO
Created On:21-Sep-2011 16:01:55 UTC
Last Updated On:21-Sep-2011 16:01:56 UTC
Expiration Date:21-Sep-2012 16:01:55 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R126-LRMS)
Registrant ID:88bf7504921c30b5
Registrant Name:{edited for privacy}
Registrant Organization:1stinlinehosting
Registrant Street1:{edited for privacy}
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Chicago
Registrant State/Province:IL
Registrant Postal Code:{edited for privacy}
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.{edited for privacy}
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:
Admin ID:88bf7504921c30b5
Admin Name:Daniel  Turner
Admin Organization:1stinlinehosting
Admin Street1:{edited for privacy}
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Chicago
Admin State/Province:IL
Admin Postal Code:{edited for privacy}
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.{edited for privacy}
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:
Billing ID:88bf7504921c30b5
Billing Name:Daniel  {edited for privacy}
Billing Organization:1stinlinehosting
Billing Street1:{edited for privacy}.
Billing Street2:
Billing Street3:
Billing City:Chicago
Billing State/Province:IL
Billing Postal Code:{edited for privacy}
Billing Country:US
Billing Phone:+1.{edited for privacy}
Billing Phone Ext.:
Billing FAX:
Billing FAX Ext.:
Billing Email:
Tech ID:88bf7504921c30b5
Tech Name:Daniel  {edited for privacy}
Tech Organization:1stinlinehosting
Tech Street1:{edited for privacy}
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Chicago
Tech State/Province:IL
Tech Postal Code:{edited for privacy}
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.{edited for privacy}
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:
Name Server:NS1.INLUIK.COM
Name Server:NS2.INLUIK.COM
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 

Re: how do you report extreme spam
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
James_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

dmblivefan

You can block a domain in the FiOS Web Mail by going to Settings -> Email Settings -> Blocking and putting in the domain name only (omit the "@" sign) of the offending site. This will prevent any email from any address with that domain. Please let us know if you have any further issue with that domain or if you need additional help with setting up email or domain blocking on the webmail.

0 Likes
Gazza1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although each email shares the same end -- "holyokeitenighttripping.info" there are a multiude of names variables after the @ symbol.

For example:

{edited for privacy}

So how does that work with spam detector if the URL has variables? I have been trying to figure this one out for a while and spam detector does not work for me. I cannot even get Apple Mail's filters to work on it and I swear by them.

These are constant from this source. Even sent to Verizon's "not caught" email address but no luck yet.

perry1z
Enthusiast - Level 2

The verizon fiolter does not work. Please remove this post as this completely ignores the point of the question. The domain name ends in the known string, however the whole domain name varies from one email to the next.

Why corporate verizon domain filtering cannot be programmed to put these emails to the SPAM folder where they belong?

0 Likes
perry1z
Enthusiast - Level 2

I mean to remove the post few messages above that  suggested going into email filtering option as a solution

0 Likes
spamhater1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem: every day, dozens of SPAM messages ending in holyokeitenighttripping.info invade my e-mail inbox.

I forward all of them to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net and also use the "bounce" feature in Mac Mail. I just submitted my concerns via webform on my.verizon.com and am fervently hoping for some help. As of now, it appears Verizon has done nothing.

0 Likes
baron94
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the very same issue.  My inbox is flooded with spam from them.  There is now way to filter by source and it is very annoying.  This issue needs to be resolved QUICK  or I will be switching my provider.  I don't have time to sit and filter my own mail.

0 Likes
RadioFlyer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same problem for at least the last six months.  Have been forwarding all this email to Vrzn spamdetector .not caught with no indication of any improvement.  No way to block it because although the end of the domain is .holyokeitenighttripping.info, the long, long string of characters before that varies.  If I could block everything with a domain name ending in .info I would consider doing that at this point.- is that possible?  I too am very close to changing ISPs.  Until now I've thought Vrzn was pretty good on spam . . . the inevitable ups and downs, but the new waves would usually be tamped down pretty quickly.  This, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  

0 Likes
djhebert
Enthusiast - Level 1

@MOD - I do not believe the privacy of a spammer's domain should be edited out of a post when said spammer is not respecting out privacy. Even if the domain owner is not the violator, they are also not doing anything about fixing the problem. Since it is a domain registered in the US, it is a violation of US law to allow such mailings.

I feel all should be encouraged to contact {edited for privacy}

Those in the Chicago area could even pay his office a little visit and let him know our displeasure.

{edited for privacy}

This is a major violator who registered MANY domains back in Mid-Late 2011 (do a search on regitrant {edited for privacy}. Please let us know what Verizon intends to do about this.

0 Likes