how to change my Yahoo password for my Verizon.net email account...
marion1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I to change my Yahoo password for my Verizon.net email account? 

Every time I follow the Yahoo prompts, I end up where I change my verizon password - NOT my Yahoo account.  And i can't seem to find my Yahoo account information to add an alternate account.  It's like chasing my tail and I never get anywhere I need to be.

Please help...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to change my Yahoo password for my Verizon.net email account...
marion1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

..Actually after finding some other issues similar to mine, I contacted the online chat support.  The Verizon server did not have yahoo as my mail option.  It was apparent to the online chat person that I "obviously" did as Nagaraj could see it on my screen. The Email server folks updated my account and the logins/password was synced between Yahoo & Verizon.

There doesn't seem to be a user-initiated workaround..This must be done via support updates to your account.  But once this was done, I was/am good to go.

I was very pleased with the person at the other end of chat for a Saturday morning - didn't make me go through all sorts of hoop-jumping to get a resolution  - NICE!  Not the "typical" support chat experience I envisioned.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pac11

I've been having the same trouble.  I can log in to Verizon with my username and password.  I can get to my Yahoo mail from there without an additional login.

Trying from a client is failing.  same username and password

Tried name@verizon.net + Password

name + password

Account '***': Connecting to POP3 server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net...
[21:46:57] POP3< +OK hello from popgate-0.8.0.357900 pop102.vzn.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
[21:46:57] POP3> USER pat.callahan1
[21:46:57] POP3< +OK password required.
[21:46:57] POP3> PASS ********
[21:47:00] POP3< -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect username or password.
*** error occurred on authentication
*** Authentication failed.

Verizon support is no help.  (You don't have a mac... You dont have Windows...  Sorry No support )

0 Likes
marion1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

..Actually after finding some other issues similar to mine, I contacted the online chat support.  The Verizon server did not have yahoo as my mail option.  It was apparent to the online chat person that I "obviously" did as Nagaraj could see it on my screen. The Email server folks updated my account and the logins/password was synced between Yahoo & Verizon.

There doesn't seem to be a user-initiated workaround..This must be done via support updates to your account.  But once this was done, I was/am good to go.

I was very pleased with the person at the other end of chat for a Saturday morning - didn't make me go through all sorts of hoop-jumping to get a resolution  - NICE!  Not the "typical" support chat experience I envisioned.

0 Likes