iPad outgoing mail gives constant error
PatrickC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever I create or reply to any message I always get the same error message. "Cannot Send Mail: The username or password for SMTP:{edited for privacy}" is incorrect. I've checked my settings several times and all is in order. The message ends up in the outbox and after a few minutes, it is eventually sent and shows in my Sent box. This is puzzling. My outgoing settings are, Host name is outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net ; SSL: on; Authentication is password ; Server Port is 465. I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks, Pat

0 Likes
Re: iPad outgoing mail gives constant error
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

My smtp server points to smtp.verizon.net and the userid and password is the the userid and password that I would use to access mail from my verizon.net webmail address.  I use that fro replying to any mail from several isp accounts.

Maybe you should try using that oubound server instead, however I have to say I don't know what yahoo.verizon.net is about, is it something to allow you to receive mail from yahoi into your verizon email system?

0 Likes
Re: iPad outgoing mail gives constant error
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@viafax999 wrote:

My smtp server points to smtp.verizon.net and the userid and password is the the userid and password that I would use to access mail from my verizon.net webmail address.  I use that fro replying to any mail from several isp accounts.

Maybe you should try using that oubound server instead, however I have to say I don't know what yahoo.verizon.net is about, is it something to allow you to receive mail from yahoi into your verizon email system?

I believe his server is correct for a Verizon Yahoo user.

OP

Has your configuration on your IPAD ever worked? And have you made sure you shutdown your IPAD completely and restarted it?

0 Likes