iPhone emal: cannot sent from phone.
leaf331
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

My email works fine from my computer (receive/send) and I can receive emails on my iPhone 4. when I try to send message from my iPhone I get the followng message: "a copy was placed in your outbox...was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying."

Thoughts?

Thank you for the help.

Re: iPhone emal: cannot sent from phone.
Joules
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have the same problem with both iPhone & iPad. Mail comes in fine, but won't send. Ideas???
Hubrisnxs
Legend

iPhone will allow you to specify a port to use. To do this, tap Settings > Mail. Then tap the account you want to change, and in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Host Name, add at the end of the name a colon and the port number to use.

in this case use outgoing.verizon.net:587 

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

For your outgoing mail settings:

Host Name: outgoing.verizon.com

username:  primary_email_address@verizon.net

password:  PASSWORD_FOR_EMAIL

Use SSL: Off

Authentication: Password

Server Port: 587 (For whatever reason port 25 works for me)

0 Likes
Re: iPhone email: cannot sent from phone.
CMReifel

I just got an iphone 5 and had the same problem with my outgoing email not being sent but instead being shunted off to the "Outgoing" mailbox.  I followed your instructions using port 487.  The result was that the unsent email messages (which had been stored in my "Outgoing" mailbox) were sent and now appear in my "sent" mailbox.  So the outgoing email seems to be working.  However, the procedure seems to have erased the email in my "Incoming" mailbox, and when I click on "Incoming" in my mailbox to try to retrieve my email, I get an unceasing indication that the iphone is "connecting."  Any suggestions?

0 Likes