incoming verizon email being delivered to yahoo instead
tgirwf

This just started happening several days ago and seems to be sporadic.

Email addressed to my verizon.net address is arriving at my yahoo.com account. instead.

I DO NOT have any email forwarding set up.

0 Likes
Re: incoming Verizon email being delivered to yahoo instead
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Emails simply don't get routed to a completely different email address. Either forwarding was turned on somewhere, or the individuals sending you the emails sent it to the wrong address (easy to accidentally do since emails to a single contact are grouped together). If you need further assistance please send me a private message.

Re: incoming verizon email being delivered to yahoo instead
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If it's not every message, check for filters set to send notification of certain messages. Also check to see if the Verizon account is set up in the pop3 area of the Yahoo mailbox.

0 Likes
Re: incoming verizon email being delivered to yahoo instead
tgirwf

I'm aware of the kinds of things that I might do to cause email to be forwarded, and I'm doing none of them. Also, my email client is not involved at all in this.

When it happens I can sometimes see verizon emails get moved to yahoo from my verizon account.

For example, I've signed into my verizon email (via verizon.net), gotten a list of unread emails, read a message, and then the others have disappeared only to be found in my yahoo email account.

Again, this is sporadic and seems to happen regardless of who the sender is. And by sporadic I mean that it happens for a few hours, then doesn't happen for some indeterminate amount of time, which can be a couple of days.

If someone from tech support wants to look at it, I have saved all the email headers for a message that got moved from verizon to yahoo.

BTW, it's been about a day since this last happened.

0 Likes