email terminated?
snooky2

I've read verizon is getting out of the email business.  Such a message comes up fleetingly when I open verizon-then disappears.  Can't read it-it disappears so fast.  What is the scoop?

0 Likes
Re: email terminated?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read this Forum posting.

initiate migration to AOL Mail?

0 Likes
Verizon.net Migration to AOL Scheduled Timeframe
TheAdvocate

Hello:

I live in Westchester County, New York.  Can you please let me know when this area is scheduled to migrate over to the AOL email system?

Thank you.

-Shaun

0 Likes
Email saying Verizon is ending verizon.net email
sydney15

I've just received an email that looks like it's from Verizon, saying that it's going to end all verizon.net email by early April, and we have a couple of options that we have to click through to.  Anyone else seen this?  I assume it's scam?

0 Likes
Re: Email saying Verizon is ending verizon.net email
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Is my Verizon email switching to AOL? I have no notice but I read about it in the WaPo.
Regina21

See subject.

0 Likes
Re: Is my Verizon email switching to AOL? I have no notice but I read about it in the WaPo.
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Frequently asked questions

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/email/migrations.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X00425

We have decided to close down our email business. We will let you know when it's time to choose how to handle your email account going forward via email. In addition, you'll see a message from us when you log into your email from webmail.verizon.com indicating “Email service notice”. Click on “Keep verizon.net email address” or “Try any other email provider” to complete the setup.

0 Likes
cntstop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just recieved an e-mail stating Verizon is closing there e-mail service, is this true, if so it's just another way to screw people up..I've never had access to AOL and really don't know how to get to it..

New Email Provider Information
estelle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

--Verizon could have least given us Customers the consideration to inform us  that THEY NOW OWN AOL, before springing the news that they we no longer could use their email service.  At least we would have known that using this "NEW" Email Provider was STILL Verizon.   This would have saved us Customers a lot of Angst scrambling to look for an alternatative, when unfamiliar with switching to a new email service .            Cat MadCat MadCat Mad                                                                                                      Not everyone keeps up with Corporate Buyouts!

AOL switch
johnascher
Enthusiast - Level 1

Veriizon is ripping off all customers by eliminating their email service. This was included in the expensive monthly charges... A defacto rate increase. Plus, customers will face the prospect of having to shift to AOL soon enough, causing an enormous waste of time. If Verizon is going to degrade its service, the least it can do is reduce what they are charging their customers.