Email
cdebinski53

Is Verizon discontinuing it's email service?

0 Likes
Re: AOL switch
Dale_F
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Was not happy when the last time I renewed service that my rates went up.  And now that service is being degraded.  I've made the switch and am most unhappy with the expierience so far.   Spam (aka ads) everywhere.  "Opting out" only means that the spam won't be tailored to your activity.  And that is only tracked as a cookie.  You have to "opt out" on every browser/device you use.  And again everytime you clear cookies.  So they still plan on splashing ads everywhere.  And what a joke their phrase "AOL mail on your terms!" is.  MY terms are NO SPAM/ADS!!!

No longer supporting verizon.net email?
DWoof0700
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pathetic, no longer supporting your own email domain?  What kind of two-bit ISP have you turned into? Great way to treat your customers, don't look for me to return when my contract is up for renewal.  And instead of wasting my time, why don't you migrate my account to AOL?  Sad, well and truly sad.

verizon email - is it being eliminated??
spc2

Is verizon eliminating email accounts???

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
johnpsheppard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Migrated over the weekend, including reconfiguring email settings on my personal domain so that it would work with AOL. What a wonderful way to waste an hour making sure everything was working correctly.    

When you move, make sure you check out your spam folder. AOL decided that about 50% of my legitimate emails should default to SPAM. 

Blayne2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think this change  to AOL mail SUCKS !  They should of left us alone.

Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
MsSusan1
Contributor - Level 1

Did you receive instructions from Verizon to do your "migration" to AOL? 

I assume you mean that you were just getting setup for when change to AOL officially takes place?

Are you still rec. e-mails with Verizon/webmail/Yahoo Mail?

0 Likes
Verizon Email Retirement
Mark_VA_USA
Enthusiast - Level 2
  1. On the Verizon to AOL emailchange, you say "select Keep verizon.net email address to migrate to AOL Mail. By choosing this option you will:
  • Keep your verizon.net email address
  • Retain email, contacts and calendar(s) automatically"

However, you don't say anything about the Verizon security image feature where you note "Your Security Image lets you know you are on a Verizon web site."

What happens with this seemingly important security feature when we go to AOL?

1. What about the Verizon smartphone app that lets us get to verizon.net email? Will that part of the app go away?
  2. How do the past email storage capacities for what we had on Verizon compare to what we will have onAOL?
  3. Will the cost of our FiOS bill go down a bit given there are savings to Verizon in doing this – you note this will reduce your server storage needs and electrical consumption and clearly closing down your email business will save you money.

The FAQs at this link don't seem to address these questions https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/email/migrations.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X00425

Re: Verizon Email Retirement
MsSusan1
Contributor - Level 1

A few weeks back I did get a msg. in the "dashboard" about keeping Verizon.net

e-mail and switching to AOL but the links provided did not allow setup to AOL.

No AOL settings, instructions were given?

The message disappeared and I'm still rec. e-mail through Yahoo Mail.

0 Likes
Re: AOL switch
Purr242
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree they should give a discount for dropping thei E-Mail client.