email migration to AOL or other service provider
fmiller8075

Does anyone know how long you will be without email access when you migrate to AOL or another service provider?  

Will our costs be lowered, since Verizon will no longer be the service provider?

0 Likes
Re: email migration to AOL or other service provider
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

I was without service for about 2 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: Migration to AOL
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

johnnyzero2,

Thanks!  I will give this a try.  I hate ads.  Particularly in a service I am paying for!

Kudo to you!

0 Likes
30 day notice to change AOL???
Lesliemm

Today 3/20, I get a notice that I need change to AOL (which I decided ages ago I didn't want) or lose service.  Yes I can go to gmail etc but why would they only give such short notice.  Looking at the forum it seems some folks got more warning.

Also my elderly mother is on verizon but with Yahoo.  Does this impact her account at all?

0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@johnnyzero2 wrote:

For those who are opting to switch over to AOL, I created a userstyle that will remove all the annoying ads in AOL Webmail. It's compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera.

https://userstyles.org/styles/128796/aolmail-noads

Note: To use this, you'll need to install an extension called Stylish.

That's only for webmail.  Do you have something for Mozilla Thunderbird?

0 Likes
Re: email migration to AOL or other service provider
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@fmiller8075 wrote:

Does anyone know how long you will be without email access when you migrate to AOL or another service provider?  

Will our costs be lowered, since Verizon will no longer be the service provider?

Yeah, right.  But Verizon now owns AOL, so the amount of service is the same. Be glad we don't have the AOL name on our emails  😉  but that might come later.

0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@james_marshall wrote:

I've moved my account to AOL today.  Since my wife doesn't want hers switched for a couple of days, I wrote down notes for the transition.  Here are a few observations for those facing the migration.

1. Clicking on the link in notification e-mail takes you to a simple sign up page...

j_m

I accidentally trashed the notice, or maybe I never got one. Do you have the link for starting it?  I was just thinking, Vz should be doing this, not us. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
CharlieAkis

Is there a roll out timeframe in PA.  Although my wife and I received the VZ email notice and have converted over to AOL, when I checked with  my adult children they had not received the notice.  They live in West Chester and Langhorn pa. 

0 Likes
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

They sent us two e-mails to each account.  Plus, once you are in the one month switch period, logging in to the online site (netmail.verizon.net) takes you to a welcome page that explains the options and has links for migrating to AOL or other e-mail providers. 

If you aren't seeing the new welcome page, you're probably not in the transition period yet.

0 Likes
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also use Verizon Yahoo and did rec. a AOL NOTICE on my "dashboard" page but links in that page did not bring up instructions/settings for AOL migration. I had chosen to keep verizon.net e-mail with AOL.

As far as I know I did not rec. an E-MAIL from Verizon like some people are saying they have rec'd.

"Chat" with Verizon/Facebook rep. stated that my account was still with Yahoo and that no migrations to AOL would be done till Yahoo (merger?) is figured out. I'm confused about that statement since I had already seen NOTICE/AOL.

0 Likes