Re: email service changing to flame mail
Whtpnts

They aren't throwing it over to AOL.  Verizon BOUGHT AOL in 2015.  They are merging all of the pieces together.

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
jimcosta1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got word of this from a neighbor and fear i may have deleted the email as normal spam. How do I go about migrating to AOL if I don't have the original email from verizon.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need the email at all.  It just tells you to logon to http://mail.verizon.com .  If you are ready to migrate it will direct you to the selection of migrating to aol or somewhere else.

Verizon email stopping
howardg1

several of my friends using Verizon told me that Verizon sent them notice that they are stopping email, is this true ?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email stopping
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Scroll down  and read ALL of this Posting:

Email migration

0 Likes
AOL email
callmecass

Just wanted to share how disappointing that Verizon hooked up with AOL for their email.  It is so frustrating that every email I send is followed by a full page ad for something or other.  Plus there are ads all over the page.  I enjoyed using Verizon's email.  This AOL is for the birds.  May be time to reconsider and switch to a different vendor.  Unless anyone has any suggestions on how to suppress the endless advertising on the AOL email page?

0 Likes
Is verizon eliminating their email?
shorti1994

Someone told me that verizon was getting rid of their email april 2017.  Is this true?

0 Likes
Re: Is verizon eliminating their email?
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Yes and no.  Verizon has moved all of their email to AOL servers after Verizon acquired AOL. Verizon and AOL have been working incrementally to move Verizon Webmail users to the AOL Webmail application.  

You can find out a lot more about it here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq

Verizon will notify users on the Verizon Webmail page when it is their turn to move.  You may also receive an email through the Verizon pop servers if you are using an email client like Thunderbird, Sea Monkey, or Outlook.

0 Likes
zirilan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well since AOL is from the dark ages, I will need to migrate all of my accounts to a new email service.  That was the only thing keeping me from moving to a faster internet service.  Good move Verizon, I expect you will be losing a lot of customers with this cut in service after an increase in cost back in June.

0 Likes
E-mail change
Michaelg3

I want to thank Verizon for screwing up yet another perfectly good thing. Just in case the recent changes to Fios tv on demand interface wasn't annoying enough, now we have this ridiculous e-mail change. Apparently the geniuses running the company are unaware that AOL has been obsolete for 15 years. As a retired Verizon employee I'm all to familiar with their frequent assinine decisions, however I had hoped that they would no longer affect me. No such luck.

0 Likes