Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
cherryhill1

I have been notified and already made the change from VRZ to AOL...now some people are saying this is a scam? Can I get a reply fromVRZ confirming this is a legit email change? Please

0 Likes
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

cherryhill,

I'm not with Verizon, but it's not a scam.  Sometimes the moderators will respond, but this forum is for peer to peer support.    If you look at the 180 or so preceding comments, they may give you more confidence.

j_m

0 Likes
email
bfergie7

if verizon is no longer supporting email will my fios bill go down

0 Likes
stevewatkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I also deleted the email from Verizon concerning the migration to AOL thinking it was a pfishing email scam. The Virtual Asssistant is useless. What do I need to do??

weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to the webmail site. It should have the notice and instructions to migrate:

webmail.verizon.com

0 Likes
basic1962

i use windows live mail..what settings will i have to change when i migrate? 

is it just the password? or will the servers change too?

0 Likes
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Probably just password on incoming and outgoing servers. That's all I had to do with MS Outlook.  

0 Likes
Todd412

Still NO message. Nothing in webmail.verizon OR my Outlook access.

When is it (the message) arriving VZ?  Does anyone know the roll-out schedule for this migration? I'm in South of Pittsburgh, PA. Is there a VZ rep monitoring this board??

Such a simple switch...BUT we need the message to migrate!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would expect over two or more months.  They probably are gauging how fast to go by the number of support request they are having to handle.

Don't waste time calling them unless you have a problem when you are being migrated.  And expect that once you start migrating that it could take a number of hours for all your email to migrate.

0 Likes
Todd412

@tns2

Agree, I was not going to make a call to VZ. Like you mentioned that only deepens their ticket queue and support teams for email questions/concerns. 

Well, I'll check every few days and wait for the migration message. I will also continue to monitor this board for any further activity and post as needed. 

0 Likes