Re: Migration from verizon.net to aol
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Outlook worked fine after AOL migration.  Only had to enter the new password on Outgoing and Incoming servers as requested.  My Outlook folders and contacts were not affected. 

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
godiva3ft

Thank you ins2 and all who replied.  Does anyone know if Gmail or Yahoo provide a better experience with regard to using Outlook Express (POP)?  Does anyone know where I can get a good package that includes a reliable ISP, email, and landline service from one company?  THANK YOU.

0 Likes
amich1

My Live Mail didn't work until I reset the incoming and outgoing mail server settings.  My password was fine--I didn't need to change that.

0 Likes
Re: New e-mail address
amich1

Each e-mail account needs to go through the process separately.  So, family members will have to go through the transition themselves.

0 Likes
Re: Migration from verizon.net to aol
Bob8951
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Verizon is eliminating email service, how much money will my monthly internet bill be reduced by?  

0 Likes
Seagull507

I've never been notified of this change. I only found out thru my Daughter who's had all kinds of notifications.  Is it for everybody? Too hard to get thru to Verizon to ask.

Thanks

0 Likes
nancy9656

Transfered my verizon.net to aol.com.  How do I transfer my contacts/conversations to AOL.com

0 Likes
VBChevy1

Isn't Verizon required by law to forward your email to the new address if you choose another provider? for at least 6 months?

0 Likes
Chris239

Tom,

Since Verizon made the decision to do away with its email service without consulting its customers, can we assume that our costs will go down since we're receiving less service?  Are we able to get out of our plan commitment and go with another provider?

We are not happy with this news.  We don't know anything about AOL or how they may or may not protect our information.  We're now faced with contacting (literally) more than 100 contacts, businesses, and so on, to inform them that we have a new email address and "hope" that they update our contact information.  Why isn't Verizon at least offering a year or 18 months of automatic transfer to the customer's new email address to make sure important correspondence doesn't get lost in the ether?  Less than 30 days notice is not very customer oriented.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@Chris2 wrote:

We're now faced with contacting (literally) more than 100 contacts, businesses, and so on, to inform them that we have a new email address and "hope" that they update our contact information.  Why isn't Verizon at least offering a year or 18 months of automatic transfer to the customer's new email address to make sure important correspondence doesn't get lost in the ether?

Hi Chris2,

Your email address will not change with the migration to AOL.  You will keep your current verizon.net address.

0 Likes