Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
Junior11

I keep hearing the same old line. I even called customer service and was told when they are ready for me, I willget a message to switch to AOL mail. Here is it, April 19th, a mere 8 daysfrom when the big switch is suppoosed to happen. I have been getting multiple emails from my contacts to switch my mail and to contact Vwerizon so i won't loose the ability to manage different accounts. Verizon said if I have not been contacted, I won't be switched without some sort of notice first. I FEEL LIKE I AM FALLING THROUGH THE CRACKS.

0 Likes
Re: AOL Mail ineffective and better solution is needed
Jedman1

This switch to AOL Email, rated the most ineffective among all due its purposeful cluttering and wantkng to charge monthly for a clean mailbox, is a disaster. I can see 
Verizion not wanting to handle E-Mail anymore, but, even though AOL is a part of the company, it is a poor choice.  Please come up with something else other than this disgrace.

0 Likes
BeEf1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a notice that Verizon is dropping their Email service but no mention of any cost reductions passed along to us consumers due to reduced services.

What savings are expected now that we will not have actual Verizon.net Email service? There should be some sort of savings...

0 Likes
BeEf1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reductions in service should warrent a deduction in monthly charges ...no?

Where's the mention of cost savings?

CWilson3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Junior1, I'm in the same boat.  It's not a good feeling, being this close to the supposed shut-down date and still not having received any notice.   What happens to those of us who STILL have not been notified??

0 Likes
email change
jcm2017

Is verizon doing away with verizon.net email address"

0 Likes
Email "migration" to AOL
Charles116

THis whole AOL "migration" thing is a scam. IT'S NOT FREE as when

Netscape closed down.  AOL deliberately makes it impossible to set up

a Verizon email address and tries to enroll you in a "technical help" account.

With a monthly fee.  Is Verizon aware of this?

0 Likes
Re: email change
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please visit verizon.com/Email regarding your email change notification.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
silent7

What the heck was Verizon thinking.  This is a terrible move.  I have managed to migrate 2 of my mail accounts but can not get outlook to work with 2 others.  I called Verizon for help and they told me they could not help me and I had to contact AOL.  AOL offers no help.  Unless of ocurse you pay $9.00 per month for technical support.  Really !!! more money for something I was getting from verizon.  AOL is full of adds (I would not even joke at calling this an enhased e-mail service) that I did not have to put up with when using Verizon mail.  I am thinking that Verizon will start loosing more customers over this blunder.  FIOS is the best technology out there so I'm putting up with this....FOR NOW.......

0 Likes
ScaryMary1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is April 20, 2017, I still did not receive the Email serivce notice.  Time is runnning short.  The deadline is April 28th.  I do not wish to lose some of my information on my email.  Is there a telephone Number I can call for support from verizon

0 Likes