Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
Babydoc1

I very much resent hearing that you are discontinuing your email service via a post from WHYY! As a significant stockholder, I'm considering ditching my stake based upon this and obvious other Verizon failures of late. I depend upon this acct to filter muy emails from other sources and have specifically avoided any association with AOL since the Internet began - it has many shortcomings.

I use Outlook as a funnel and would request DETAILED instructions about swiotching to another email account. I shall also consider using Comcast as amn alternative since you have handled this so abysmally.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
Babydoc1

This appears to be quite legitimare - and VERY disappointing. It has been handled extremely poorly and I am afraid that transition for your clients will be difficult and time-concuming. COMPLAIN! They have lost  lot of business recently (as shown in their stock price) and despertely need to get their act together to survive. AOL is not the way to do this, nor is finding out about the email disconnect from other sources.

0 Likes
email acct
bubba253
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is verizon eliminating email?  I think I know why.  It is all about revenue.  They apparently cannot figure out how to derive revenue from email.  So the shine is off the apple and they are dumping it.  Too bad since there is a segment of their customer base that will really be upset by this move...brainless!

0 Likes
bubba253
Enthusiast - Level 2

What they don't understand is that the email customer based is far more segmented than they imagine.  They don't get it.  What they do see is that google is making all kinds of revenue from email and verizon is not so off with your head!

0 Likes
bubba253
Enthusiast - Level 2

AOL has been hacked from every angle for many years.  I am not a hacker but have seen it.  Verizon must think we are all **bleep**...I am in this business and went with verizon for exactly not this reason.  Not sure what I will do but will not go to AOL under any circumstances.

0 Likes
DavidtiredofVz

When have terms and conditions been for both parties?  They're always a one-way street...

Perfect timing.  I'm willing to toss away 10+ years of this email address to avoid letting any other Vz subsidiary (AOL/Yahoo) screw with me.  Matches perfectly with the end of my 2-year FIOS contract.  Time to ditch it all.

Thanks, Verizon.  I appreciate the heck out of your efforts to not keep up your products and toss customers aside because you've acquired other companies and you'd like us to fund both of you...

0 Likes
Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
Tim1010

I set up an AOL email account over over a week ago, and since that time have not had a single email migrate to AOL.  I also can't get emails from verizon.net anymore, it just tells me to log on to mail.aol.com.  What's going on?

0 Likes
Angryuser1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find this whole thing outrageous,  Any real solutions.

0 Likes
Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
Angryuser1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with this.  No notice, no choice, no real help for long-term customer.

0 Likes
Dogbyte2

Since Verizon will no longer be providing this service can I expect my bill to reflect that lack of service?

0 Likes