Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
woodbndr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply 

just didn't want to wake some morning to no e-mail

Verizon Email
Coasty1

Is Verizon really cancelling email?  If so, when?

0 Likes
Re: changing verizon email to yahoo
summer40

Even though Verizon says they will give us the opportunity to choose AOL or another provider, I''m not counting on it.  Verizon's customer service is "iffy" at best, and as of 10 mins ago I have no email at all, so maybe they're dumping us even as we "speak".

0 Likes
verizon email
rjf82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am demanding that if verizon is sending are email to another provider than the $40 dollars I have been paying verizon for a very long time should be taken off my bill. In other words i Should be paying $83. dollars a month. If verizon doesn't agree then verizon should let me out of my two year contract for not providing the oringinal service's.

ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

So far I have received the switch-over notification for only two of the @verizon.net addresses associated with my account.  I went to the website in the link provided and did what was needed.  Other @verizon.net email addresses I use, however, have not received the notifications, so I have not been able to do the switch.

Today one of those addresses is no longer able to log in and check email.  The error log for my pop email program sometimes says "Server incoming.verizon.net rejected your username and password ([SYS/TEMP] Service temporarily unavailable)", other times it says "Connection closed unexpectedly by server".  I can still send mail using that USERNAME/PASSWORD.

0 Likes
Irol1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't received any email notification from Verizon yet. But lo and behold, I can't access my emails today. I truly hope that they didn't just decide to "migrate" my account with no notice. However, based on how Verizon is handling all of this, I wouldn't doubt it.

Anyone else having issues accessing emails today with no prior notification from Verizon?

If I performed at my job like Verizon is doing in this case, I would be fired.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ronzie wrote:

@so far I have received the switch-over notification for only two of the @verizon.net addresses associated with my account.  I went to the website in the link provided and did what was needed.  Other @verizon.net email addresses I use, however, have not received the notifications, so I have not been able to do the switch.

Today one of those addresses is no longer able to log in and check email.  The error log for my pop email program sometimes says "Server incoming.verizon.net rejected your username and password ([SYS/TEMP] Service temporarily unavailable)", other times it says "Connection closed unexpectedly by server".  I can still send mail using that USERNAME/PASSWORD.

The logon problem today, in some areas, is not related to the migration.  It was down for several hours but should be up now. 

Not sure what was hit, but here in FL and already migrated to AOL, there was no problem.

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

@tns2 wrote:

@ronzie wrote:

@so far I have received the switch-over notification for only two of the @verizon.net addresses associated with my account.  I went to the website in the link provided and did what was needed.  Other @verizon.net email addresses I use, however, have not received the notifications, so I have not been able to do the switch.

The logon problem today, in some areas, is not related to the migration.  It was down for several hours but should be up now. 

Not sure what was hit, but here in FL and already migrated to AOL, there was no problem.

It's working now. Thanks.

0 Likes
Verizon Email Security at AOL
WhyOhWhy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was recenly shocked to see that Verizon discontinued their mail service and only gave me 30 days notice to transfer it to AOL. There are a lot of customers who are not technically savvy and this really wasn't enough time to prepare.

That being said, I stopped using AOL mail for sensitive communication for a few years now because of security concerns. While verizon's email did not have the easiest interface or the best spam filters, I had little worries about my email being hijacked or my computer getting infected from malicious ads being served on the site.

Every time I go to login or logout of AOL, my browser is saying the website is not maintaining a secure connection and there are security risks on the page.

However, I suspect this is no longer's Verizon problem, right? Even though they actually own AOL.

Although we signed up for a service with the promise of having a trustworthy email provider, paying customers are now cast off to AOL so they can try and squeeze more money out of us.

What a nice touch!

I suppose anyone who might have sensitive or financial documents going to their verizon email should be concerned about the security over at AOL.

PeterPo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was a terrible answer, the original poster asked a simple yes no question.  Can we just do it now?  Apparently the anwer is no, which seems kind if dumb.  Just let us do it now without an abitrary deadline after you notify us.