initiate migration to AOL Mail?

initiate migration to AOL Mail?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor hughj
Copper Contributor
Message 331 of 403
(1,591 Views)

Thank you! (I htink), this was the first indication that I had that said I would not be affected by the email mess if my verizon .net address took me to Yahoo mail,  at least until they change their minds about Yahoo.

Hugh

Contributor fallflat
Contributor
Message 332 of 403
(1,501 Views)

In that Verizon no longer provides e-mail service, shouldn't  the cost of verizon internet service decrease?

Contributor fallflat
Contributor
Message 333 of 403
(1,508 Views)

I agree, verizon should cut our bills in half if they are not providing the full service that we signed up for. 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 334 of 403
(1,479 Views)

They are offering it to those that had it previosuly. Just migrating to AOL email servers instead.

And dropping it just reduces the costs going forward so rates may not need to be raised as fast.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor jmmcn
Contributor
Message 335 of 403
(1,457 Views)

If we had to switch to AOL the least we could get is dependable service.  Nearly everyday, email is not accessible through mail.aol.com.  The site doesn't respond. The AOL mobile app just as bad not pulling down mail.  While Verizon webmail was not the nicest interface, at least you could get your mail.

Contributor Gwiz
Contributor

Since Verizon is discontinuing e-mail service will my fees be reduced since losing a service?

Contributor KGB1
Contributor
Message 337 of 403
(1,413 Views)

I have migrated to AOL and just as I thought it is horrible. The screen is hard to read and I get pop-ups after every action that I do in email. I am extemely disappointed in Verizon.

Contributor 88GT
Contributor
Message 338 of 403
(1,154 Views)

I got my first Verizon bill after they cut out my email service. Why then is my bill the same when they no longer provide the full service I used to have? Seems like they just gave themselves a raise.

Contributor mav51063
Contributor
Message 339 of 403
(1,106 Views)

How can I keep my current Verizon email address? I just changed to Verizon email from Yahoo and do not want to have to change again.

Contributor Ralnet
Contributor
Message 340 of 403
(1,088 Views)

I migrated 2 weeks ago and I still receive messages to migrate.

I also noticed that when I did this I only had an email address as the primary that I never use. I hope the sub accounts get transferred also. I did the same for my wife's account. I would feel much better if I could talk to a real person. We would be in a world of hurt if we loose our email addresses. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.