Re: migration to aol
hughj1

Thank you! (I htink), this was the first indication that I had that said I would not be affected by the email mess if my verizon .net address took me to Yahoo mail,  at least until they change their minds about Yahoo.

Hugh

0 Likes
Verizon service charge
fallflat
Enthusiast - Level 2

In that Verizon no longer provides e-mail service, shouldn't  the cost of verizon internet service decrease?

0 Likes
Re: verizon email
fallflat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, verizon should cut our bills in half if they are not providing the full service that we signed up for. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon service charge
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are offering it to those that had it previosuly. Just migrating to AOL email servers instead.

And dropping it just reduces the costs going forward so rates may not need to be raised as fast.

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
jmmcn

If we had to switch to AOL the least we could get is dependable service.  Nearly everyday, email is not accessible through mail.aol.com.  The site doesn't respond. The AOL mobile app just as bad not pulling down mail.  While Verizon webmail was not the nicest interface, at least you could get your mail.

0 Likes
Since Verizon is discontinuing e-mail service will my fees be reduced since losing a service?
Gwiz3

Since Verizon is discontinuing e-mail service will my fees be reduced since losing a service?

0 Likes
KGB11

I have migrated to AOL and just as I thought it is horrible. The screen is hard to read and I get pop-ups after every action that I do in email. I am extemely disappointed in Verizon.

0 Likes
Services Less. Payment The Same
88GT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my first Verizon bill after they cut out my email service. Why then is my bill the same when they no longer provide the full service I used to have? Seems like they just gave themselves a raise.

0 Likes
mav1963

How can I keep my current Verizon email address? I just changed to Verizon email from Yahoo and do not want to have to change again.

0 Likes
Ralnet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I migrated 2 weeks ago and I still receive messages to migrate.

I also noticed that when I did this I only had an email address as the primary that I never use. I hope the sub accounts get transferred also. I did the same for my wife's account. I would feel much better if I could talk to a real person. We would be in a world of hurt if we loose our email addresses. 

0 Likes