AOL ad free
AOL_LOL_Really

Is it possible for FIOS customers to get the AOL ad free email service given Verizon owns AOL?

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
jlevinson

And maybe my email and folders would sync correctly.

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

One piece of good news regarding the switch-over; my bank's automated email notifications now get through to my @verizon.net address!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

verizon will be used the yahoo and verizon and all emails as now on

0 Likes
nico213
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had aol for 15 yrs. and get very little spam as I have added to the spam filter addresses and names like meds, drugs etc and get more spam sent from gmail and yahoo combined than from aol. All ISP are hacked as yahoo is always hacked and gmail doesn't seem to do much against spammers. Anyway all the steps I took only sends spam to spam folder and doesn't do much in stopping it other than reporting these spammers to ISP by using whois sites. Aol isn't that bad of an email system and I never had major problems like yahoo or gmail

0 Likes
Re: verizon.net email addresses
nico213
Enthusiast - Level 3

when you log into your verizon account you get a notification thats allows you to send your contacts, in my case, to an aol address because it is registered with verizon as my contact address for notifications and other info to your pc and/or aol. All my emails sent to verizon, which are none or very few, now get routed to aol.

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

@pspono wrote:

I have had aol for 15 yrs. and get very little spam as I have added to the spam filter addresses and names like meds, drugs etc and get more spam sent from gmail and yahoo combined than from aol. All ISP are hacked as yahoo is always hacked and gmail doesn't seem to do much against spammers. Anyway all the steps I took only sends spam to spam folder and doesn't do much in stopping it other than reporting these spammers to ISP by using whois sites. Aol isn't that bad of an email system and I never had major problems like yahoo or gmail

Since the switchover, I now get spam from AOL!

0 Likes
starman42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny my wife tells me she never got an announcement regarding the migration. From what I have read she is ok since she never uses webmail. She uses outlook only. As a precaution, is there a way to effect that migration? There is a .01% chance she would ever use it with a browser...

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@starman42 wrote:

Funny my wife tells me she never got an announcement regarding the migration. From what I have read she is ok since she never uses webmail. She uses outlook only. As a precaution, is there a way to effect that migration? There is a .01% chance she would ever use it with a browser...

They are months from completing the migration.  Its quite likely, considering she continues to be able to access mail with Outllook, that her accont is not ready for the migration.

However she is not safe since she only uses Outlook.  If she doesn't migrate during the month they tell here to she will suddenly get cutoff.  If she waits too long after that it will require a bit of special help from Verizon/AOL support to get her email working again.

Note that if she use Yahoo/Verizon email she is not being migrated at least for the time being.

If she wants to check if she is ready to migrate she can check just by logging into webmail.  Doesn't have to use it regularly or even check that often.  And logging in is enough to check.  I was always checking in every week to see if any VALID mail was being caught by Verizon's Spam filter.  Probably checking every couple weeks is enough.

0 Likes
MicroTech1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have messages that go to my Spam folder that shouldn't be going there.  Never happened with Verizon.  And by the way,  sooooo many ads.  If we want ad free email service we have to now pay an additional amount.  I started at $89.00/month with Verizon and am now at $180.00.  Now I can't get email service.  I have to use the AOL site, which is just aggravating having to flip through different sites when working on the computer.  Technology should be user friendly.  All of the ADs on AOL or the news on AOL start long running scripts on my computer as well.

Maybe it is time to go somewhere else.  I hear Spectrum is coming our way, I wonder what they are like?

0 Likes