Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
doloress609

Verizon has informed me that I can continue to use my verizon email address AND my google address. I CANNOT use the Verizon email address to SEND mail from my iMac PC.

The Technician sent to my house, complete with a Verizon TRUCK was not familiar with iMac, 

and I find using google email services to be VERY CONFUSING.

I DO NOT have FIOS, and use my OLD flip cell phone only for emergencies and for when I visit my children,  grandchildren, and great- grands on the West Coast.

HELP if you can?????

I can still RECEIVE VERIZON emails, (and send via iCloud) but have only last received TWO on 06/20/18.

Any assistance offered will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
doloress609

I am on the west coast for the Christmas7New Year holidays EVERY YEAR and return home to delete over 800 emails after EVERY trip.

How do I CATCH UP on all the changes that Verizon has made without my knowledge???

I do NOT have FIOS. I doNOT have a smart phone.

My first Windows email address was with BellAtlantic.net

I have been using a MAC PC for NINE years with Verizon.net with NO PROBLEM.

Where can I find HELP now that my daughter is too busy at this time????

Thank you.

0 Likes
ggrr8t1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had NO CLUE they did this. I am S. Crewed.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Did A Horrible Disservice To It's Internet Customers Dumping Them All On AOL E Mail
Donahue9111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instead of OATH, the new company should be called OAF.

The service is either all or nothing. I use Outlook 2016.  About once a month, AOL downloads all e-mails stored in the queue.  4,000 e-mails clogging my in box; some duplicate of what I have saved, others repeat of thing I have deleted.  Takes a day to clean these out.

Now, this weekend (22 July 2018), no e-mails can come or go and it keeps prompting for me password. I have been using the same access for over ten years.  It even survived the abandonment to AOL. Now…  Nothing.

My professional and personal correspondence are tied to my Verizon address. But what good is it if it only works when it feels like it.

Verizon help desk is useless. AOL will only talk to you if you are a paying customer.  I pay a significant sum to Verizon, but that does not appear to count.  Seriously considering changing to another carrier.

Re: Verizon Did A Horrible Disservice To It's Internet Customers Dumping Them All On AOL E Mail
starman42
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i guess we should no longer keep any email on aol? In addition, if you change your verizon login it has no effect on the aol login. If you want the two to be im sync you need to change it yourself. I found this out on my own, since verizon support refused to help and aol is not responsive. The webmail version is terrible. On top of that you have to pay a hefty monthly fee to suppress all those annoying ads. No thanks.

0 Likes
jlevinson

It has not been too bad for me once I got through the initial bugs. I use the Mail app on my Macs to access my email, thereby saving me the issue of seeing ads in the emails. The fact that each mail folder can store up to 5000 emails permits me to access saved email from either of my computers, my phone, and my iPad. The horrendous thing was the initial setup an the numerous calls to Apple Support, because neither Verizon nor AOL were any help whatsoever. And their move of email services did one thing I was always afraid to do: swicth my ISP when Verizon ticked me off with exhorbitant rates. With my email at AOL, for free, I can switch to anothger provided and still keep my email address.

0 Likes
dg332

AOL is indeed horrible. Verizon should have let it die. Their server software is abysmal. I have to go in manually and delete new emails (I learned that today; I couldn't figure out why every week almost 1000 old emails were downloaded so I had duplicates; now I realize that AOL kept them as unread on their server even though they were downloaded to Outlook on my PC; AOL suggested I contact Microsoft as though it was their problem; they don't even know enough to know when it's their issue). After I deleted all the unread online emails on the AOL website they remained in Trash even after I emptyed the trash and I got a message saying that my messages would be permanently deleted. Turns out, in talking with tech support that I signed up for only for this issue, one has to log out of their account online and then log back in. Then the system refreshes itself and the emails are gone from Trash. That's a horrible system. I used to be a systems analyst and if I coded like that I would have been fired. If glitches continue I start using gmail for my personal email account. As an aside, I cancelled the tech support because they are a) snooty, b) don't seem to know much about their own system and c) blame everything and everyone about problems with email other than themselves-- the source of the problem.

0 Likes
dg332

See if going online to delete emails in your inbox gets rid of the duplicate issues. That is what I had to do, although I just did it and I'm just assuming that will solve the continual downloading of already downloaded messages.

0 Likes
wil4ds
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jlevinson - Did you ever get Apple Mail to work?  Ours was fine, then about a week ago (last week of July) it started to get intermittent authentication errors.  That has gotten worse and now I can't connect at all to either verizon.net or aol.com servers via an email client.

Webmail connects fine, but no email client will connect.  I even installed Thunderbird and it got nowhere either.

Does anybody have a solution?

iMac running OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan, Mail 9.3 or current Thunderbird clients.

0 Likes
swyck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe how god awful AOL mail is.  Every other day it just stops authenticating, on both Windows and my iPad. Then it just clears up for a day or so, and then starts acting up again.  Support emails to AOL get no response, and I see that today there is no email support available.

I just find it hard to believe that Verizon just didn't give a **bleep** about their customers.  Our email accounts are important - I get emails from banks, from insurance, from the government, from doctors, from vendors, from work - yet they treat it as an annoyance instead of a service they're providing.  I've moved a fair amount of my accounts to gmail, which is less than optimal.  I'll move the rest, and then I think it's time to just dump Verizon.  Not that Comcast is that much better, but at least they still have mail service for THEIR customers.  They seem to actually want customers.

0 Likes