initiate migration to AOL Mail?
johnnyzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to this help page:

Starting February 2017, Verizon will no longer provide verizon.net email service. Instead they will focus on providing their internet, TV and phone customers the best experience possible. Verizon has teamed up with AOL to provide verizon.net email customers with AOL Mail, an enhanced email experience.

Further, it states that:

When it is time for you to move your verizon.net mail to AOL Mail, you will be notified by an email from Verizon and messaging on webmail.verizon.com.

Prior to last week, the page listed the anticipated rollout date as "February 15. 2017", but now it's been changed to "February 2017".

Is there an way that I can manually initiate the migration to AOL Mail? I'd like to utilize AOL Mail's IMAP support for this account, and I'm kinda getting tired of waiting.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Email Retirement

Frequently asked questions

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/email/migrations.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X00425

We have decided to close down our email business. We will let you know when it's time to choose how to handle your email account going forward via email. In addition, you'll see a message from us when you log into your email from webmail.verizon.com indicating “Email service notice”. Click on “Keep verizon.net email address” or “Try any other email provider” to complete the setup.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Email Retirement

Frequently asked questions

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/email/migrations.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X00425

We have decided to close down our email business. We will let you know when it's time to choose how to handle your email account going forward via email. In addition, you'll see a message from us when you log into your email from webmail.verizon.com indicating “Email service notice”. Click on “Keep verizon.net email address” or “Try any other email provider” to complete the setup.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

johnnyzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

So basically, I need to just keep waiting. Thanks.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will probably not be long.  And make sure you do it in a timely manor.  Those of us in CA, TX, and FL were moved in a very short time BEFORE we were then sold to Frontier.

Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
MsSusan1
Contributor - Level 1

We rec'd notice this a.m. about change to verizon e-mail. Two options were to change to AOL or use another e-mail setup.

When I clicked on links in message (in dashboard) it just brought up usual Verizon Yahoo e-mail with no details on how to setup account in AOL or other option.

Please provide more info so we don't loose access to our e-mails.

Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what happens for those who were using Yahoo/Verizon interface.

For those using the Verizon email interface, did you get the message that your service was changed over, or just the one that it will be changed over.  If its changed over you should find it sending you to a link to AOL where you then create your password.  Your userid is not changed.  And once you switch over your email shold migrate in a short time.

Note that the Email server settings can be left as they were for all your email apps (assuming you kept the same password), or you can choice to change you settings from POP to IMAP.  If you change your password, which they recommend, you will have to update that in all your email apps. 

Re: Change to Verizon.net E-Mail- AOL will replace Yahoo Mail?
MsSusan1
Contributor - Level 1

For some reason the AOL Change message no longer appears on Verizon "dashboard".

I would hope Verizon would be more clear about what/when changes are to take place.

Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
tomstombaugh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a computer support business and my primary customer base are people with disabilities.  One of my blind customers forwarded an email from another blind customer and it indicated that Verizon will be discontinuing their Verizon email domain.  It offers a weblink to help Verizon customers switch over to an AOL domain email account.  I highly doubt this email is legitimate but am wondering if there is any truth to it or if anyone else has received this type of email?! 

Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tomstombaugh,

Please see the following for information about this:

Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are not discontinuing their email domain.  But all services for them are moving to AOL.COM.  And AOL is a Verizon company.

No question of legality, unless someone has a Business account with contract documents that state otherwise.  For residential accounts it was always an extra that was "free" but not part of the contract..  They are dropping their own servicing of email but giving you the option to stay with the old email (userid@verizon.net and all the same pop and smtp setting) at aol.com if you want to.

For people like me in CA, FL, and TX, this all happened a year ago, and before we were sold to Frontier.