In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
I have had my iphone 3g for a while and the verizon.net account has worked. Today, ?I receive emails but cannot send them. I get the error message "Cannot Send Mail - the user name or password for firstname.lastname@example.org is incorrect"
I have reviewed the account set-up, actually reset the iphone, deleted and reinstated the account.... Help!
"Cannot Send Mail - the user name or password for email@example.com is incorrect"
for that specific error, are you able to login at www.myverizon.com with the same user name and password?
POP Account Information:
Name: The name you want in the header when you send mail
Address: Your full email address-e.g., My.Address@verizon.net
Description: anything you want (This will be the name in the list of mail accounts)
Incoming Mail Server:
Host Name: incoming.verizon.net
User Name: the first part of your email address-e.g., My.Address
Password: Your password to Verizon netmail or your desktop mail client
Use SSL: Off
Delete from Server: your preference
make sure you can log in at www.myverizon.com first.
I'm having the exact same problem and frankly, I'm tired of Verizon. I switched to FIOS from Comcast about one year ago and have not regretted a decision more, in the five decades I've been on this earth ! If it's not email on my computer and lack of compatibility with Outlook Express, it's my iPhone working fine one minute, then I can't send an email the next. In home agent is worthless and the chat sessions and even worse. The last guy I had took control over my computer and left me at the altar...I had to perform a system restore just to get it back to where it was when it started malfunctioning.
What a disaster.
06-04-2011 05:00 AM - edited 06-04-2011 05:02 AM
This is almost always the port 587 issue ... I've posted walkthrus of the iPhone configuration for Verizon on a number of occasions which can be found via the search window. Here's one ....
Note that you need to know if you are using the native "Verizon" experience or the "Yahoo" one. The link takes you to the native experience configuration. If you need the Yahoo one, follow the link within my post on that thread.