keeping my verizon.net email address
carolbutler

We had Time Warner in our building for years and I have always had a verizon.net email address. I switched to Fios two years ago when they came in, but they didn't offer me a good deal at the end of my contract so I switched back to Time Warner, now Spectrum. Then I discovered that my verizon email was going to be cancelled- I spoke to Fios and to spectrum and they confirmed that's what happens. If anybody had told me that I would have stayed with Fios!!

Is it possible in any way to keep that old address?

0 Likes
Re: keeping my verizon.net email address
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure when you did this closing of an account.

Verizon no longer closes your main email when you close your account.  It remains available for you to use as long as you check your email at least every six months.

However if you let you email close, its hard to impossible to get it back.

On the other hand, I had the other problem.  I wanted to close my email account but it stayed open.  And so a number of people kept sending me emails even after being told not to use the old email.   So since i kept checking at least for awhile its still open today, even after two years.  I rather it was closed and so have people's email bounce

0 Likes
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

tns2,

Have you considered putting an autoreply on your Verizon account saying that this account is no longer in use?  If you can access the acount through netmail.verizon.net, you can do it online.  You can also put in an autoforward to your new address.

j_m

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@james_marshall wrote:

tns2,

Have you considered putting an autoreply on your Verizon account saying that this account is no longer in use?  If you can access the acount through netmail.verizon.net, you can do it online.  You can also put in an autoforward to your new address.

j_m

One of things that doesn't work is changing mail settings using the Web interface.  At the time I also got into contact with Verizon, he acknowledged that it only was set to work for active accounts, and tried to escalate it to the programming department.  At this point I don't want to try and check if they ever fixed it, since my email is close to passing 6 months, which will finally close it.

0 Likes