login or password is wrong on IOS???
rbpeirce
Enthusiast - Level 3

My iPhone and computer both use the same login information.  My computer sends and downloads mail correctly.  For the past couple of months my iPhone has been saying:  "The user name or password for "Verizon" is incorrect.  Verizon is how I identify my verizon.net account.

I have tried deleting the acccount, rebooting, re-entering the account and re-booting again.  This has not worked.  I don't want to change my password on the iPhone because thart might screw up the computer, which is working.

This used to work but stopped working at a time when I had not recenly updated ANYTHING.  Therefore, the problem does not seem to be in my iPhone or my computer.

RBP
0 Likes
Re: login or password is wrong on IOS???
rbpeirce
Enthusiast - Level 3

Guess what?  When transitioning to AOL and creating a new AOL web account, be careful to use the same password you are already using for your mail service.  Otherwise one of your devices may not match.  In thuis case, my Mac continued to work, but for some reason, the iPhone didn't.  After changing the AOL password to match everything worked again.

RBP
0 Likes