losing inbox emails in verizon yahoo mail

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

losing inbox emails in verizon yahoo mail

Message 1 of 6
(1,522 Views)

periodically the inbox clears except for the last 15 to 20 inputs.  why ? how can i stop the mail from being removed

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: losing inbox emails in verizon yahoo mail

Message 2 of 6
(1,519 Views)

If you're using outlook to view your email and something else to view them, make sure that you have "keep a copy of this email on the server". I know when you use Outlook, delete from server after 14 days is automatically checked off.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,516 Views)

yes a long time ago i dixcovered that going to outlook caused thingd to disappear and for that reasonn i have not opened outlook in many months

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 4 of 6
(1,500 Views)

@diane1234 wrote:

yes a long time ago i dixcovered that going to outlook caused thingd to disappear and for that reasonn i have not opened outlook in many months

The easiest way to stop a pop3 client from removing messages from the server is to change the password that you use to log into webmail. Then the client can't authenticate to pull the mail.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(1,492 Views)

in verizon yahoo mail is there no place to go to make a setting that tells them to leave maik

it seems ro happen after mail is switched to a different mail address--my husband has a separate seldom used account

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 6 of 6
(1,464 Views)

@diane1234 wrote:

in verizon yahoo mail is there no place to go to make a setting that tells them to leave maik

it seems ro happen after mail is switched to a different mail address--my husband has a separate seldom used account

The setting would be in the email client (Outlook, etc.), not in Verizon Yahoo webmail.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.