mail server incoming.verizon.net responded authentication failed
AlPearson

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as email client and got Subject error message when tried to get mail.  Full text of error message: " sending of password did not succeed. mail server incoming.verizon.net responded authentication failed"

I'm also unable to get to my verizon email via web.  Able to login to my verizon.net account, but get "unable to perform operation at this time" (roughly quoted) when click on "Email"

0 Likes
Re: mail server incoming.verizon.net responded authentication failed
Justin46
Legend

Verizon apparently has a system-wide email problem today. Affects both webmail and using PC clients. Seems to work occasionally, then not work, common symptom is password failure. About all you can do is wait, and try occasionally.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Outlook email has failed here in Staten Island, NY all morning and now afternoon.  I keep getting that annoying Enter Network Logon screen and saving Password fails regardless, on all my email accounts. I"ve shut Outlook for now.

0 Likes
neomatsu

I am having the same problem here in Grapevine, TX. Outlook 2007 and I keep getting the login pop up but it fails. Also am not able to access email at myverizon 2.0 or webmail, then its allows me and then it doesn't. In home agent not very useful it fails and then wants me to setup live mail...guess its gonna be one of those day!!!!!!   Smiley Mad

0 Likes
dfl319

It's out here in Lake Elsinore, CA too.

0 Likes
LarryfromVa

Email (popmail and webmail) out in Northern VA as well.

0 Likes
JG

Also out in Bergen County, NJ since about 9am EDT

0 Likes
alans87

Same here in southeastern Virginia, no web based or pop email through Verizon

0 Likes
Tsquare

Yep, me too using Mozilla Thunderbird in MD.

0 Likes
MacAdemic

Same here in Northern Virginia.  Using Mac OS X, Safari web browser and the resident mail app.....unable to access my email.  Looks like another nation-wide outage folks.

0 Likes