Re: mail server incoming.verizon.net responded authentication failed
tohightech

Same here in Niagara Falls NY

0 Likes
genok7gy

Same here in Oregon. Just stopped working. No settings changes.

0 Likes
BobR1

In Southeastern Pennsylvania, my incoming Verizon e-mails are supposed to show up in my Mac Mail inbox, but not today. I had to go into Verizon mail to retrieve them. Also, yesterday Mac Mail asked for password in order to send messages. Would these issues be part of a systemic Verizon problem.  Also, I wonder why someone at Verizon is not looking at these postings and responding appropriately. Has anyone contact or heard from them?

0 Likes
RonLittle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has had this problem for nearly a week.  I'm ready to find a new provider.  I use Eudora and they keep trying to tell me that I should change to Outlook Express, (YUK).  I got a message on FIOS tv that said to reset my password but when I tried it just said "huh, what, no thanks".  I called service and they changed the password but the system will not recognize it.  I can receive some emails that come from my personal domains but verizon emails are "NO WAY" and I cannot send any email at all.  I am ready to spit nails.   SOMEBODY SEND IN SOMBODY THAT KNOWS SOMETHING, PLEASE!

0 Likes
RonLittle
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIXED IT!  No help from Verizon.  I finally tried an OLD password and that was the proper one.  I can now send & receive all emails.  Good luck to everyone.

0 Likes