Re: Short Notice Re Migration
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again they are not changing everyone over at once.  At least one other person got info that its over 5 months.  Not sure if that time period is correct or not, but definitely over several months.

They did send out emails.  Both when warning that they will be making the change, but with no dates.  And then each month for those changing within the next month.

0 Likes
Re: Migration to AOL Mail - what about Verizon-Yahoo?
jedifather73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have yet to receive any email about anything. I found out through Plated and Home Chef asking me to update my email address since its being discontinued. I don't use my email very often and I'm not tech savy. I get my email mostly through my iPhone. How do I know if i have yahoo or verizon or whatever? I don't want to change my settings like I'm seeing everywhere because, like I said, I'm not tech savy and I don't want to mess something up.

0 Likes
jedifather73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any help would be appreciated! Thyank you!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Yahoo accounts are not being migrated, at least at this time.  I suspect no changes until after the Yahoo takeover is complete and maybe not then.

0 Likes
jedifather73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't gotten an email about anything. I don't even know if I'm a Yahoo user or not. Shouldn't I have gotten an email by now?

jedifather73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wasn't is supposed to start on 4-28-17, yesterday?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

NO its not 4/28 for everyone.  Verizon-Yahoo users are not migrating at all at this time, and may not ever be migrated to AOL.  Others are being migrated over several months.  The 4/28 date was only for those who received notices in March that they were ready to migrate.  Each group thereafter will have just over a month to migrate.  One other user posted who was told the migration will be over 6 monts

0 Likes
Re: Date of email migration?
BeesRgood

Upset that no advance notice was given by Verizon of the "merger" (?) with AOL. I created another e-mail name and now all that is sent to me via my "first-used" e-mail address via Verizon is "hanging" out there in the great unknown. Verizon you are not right. All my contacts: business/social knows the "old" e-mail address. No way I can reach out to all of this newly created AOL address. HELP!

0 Likes
Email Notification
confused60

As of today I have not received any notification to change my email over to AOL or any one else.  I'm getting worried I'm going to loose everything, and end up without any carrier at all.  I've searched high and low on the Verizon website to try and find answers or to switch and can find nothing. Does anyone out there have and answers or ideas?  Thanks a bunch.

0 Likes
Re: Email Notification
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

I haven't received notification yet either.