migration to aol
LMDiago

I am becoming concerned.  My friends have told me I must migrate my email account to aol but I have not seen an email advising me to do so.  I have tried calling customer service but am unable to get beyond the computer voice.  How do I migrate before I lose my account?  I have important family emails saved and would hate to lose them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: migration to aol
Beertap1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Maryland, and my wife and I were notified by email that we had to migrate to AOL email. We have completed that task and are up and running fine. I mentioned this change to a co-worker that has Verizon email and he said he has not been notified. I live in Laurel MD, and he lives in Ellicott City MD (about 15 miles distance). When we converted, all files and emails were migrated without incidence. We also have the option to keep the Verizon email address (which we did). We have had no problems with it, and I like it over the old Verizon email program.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Beertap1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Maryland, and my wife and I were notified by email that we had to migrate to AOL email. We have completed that task and are up and running fine. I mentioned this change to a co-worker that has Verizon email and he said he has not been notified. I live in Laurel MD, and he lives in Ellicott City MD (about 15 miles distance). When we converted, all files and emails were migrated without incidence. We also have the option to keep the Verizon email address (which we did). We have had no problems with it, and I like it over the old Verizon email program.

0 Likes
LMDiago

Thanks.  I only live about five miles from some of my friends who have migrated to aol so I was really concerned.  Hopefully they are still in the process.  This makes me feel better.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note if you use Webmail, it will notify you that you are ready to migrate independently form the email notification.

0 Likes
Lfay

I haven't received any notice/message from Verizon regarding the migration to aol and I am really concerned because I would like to keep it and migrate to AOL Mail.  Does anyone know if I am able to initiate the migration to AOL Mail without a notice from Verizon?  Would the notice be delivered to my regular Verizon email inbox? 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Initiate it when they are not ready, No.  But if you go to webmail and its ready to migrate (independent of receiving an email that is ready), you will be offered the migration options.

0 Likes
Lfay

Thank you very much.  I would just dread missing out on the option to migrate my Verizon.net email address to AOL Mail and losing all my years of contacts and old emails, etc.  I appreciate any additional info anyone else has regarding this topic, I really feel like I missed the boat on this???

0 Likes
AOL switch help
AlannaVictoria
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never received the email about switching to AOL.  Can't find anything on Verizon's website and I'm not receiving my emails. 

Notification of Verizon switch to AOL mail never received
mvarenick

It's now 4/5/17, and I still have not received any notification of Verizon switching email service to AOL, and never received my personal link to make the switch. Should I be worried???  

0 Likes
Re: Notification of Verizon switch to AOL mail never received
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everyone should be patient.  You will eventually get your email and webmail notices. However, I think Verizon should have known that people would start getting concerned as this process dragged on.  They should have sent notices to EVERYONE when this process started letting all know this would take a few months.  I hope they are reading this discussion group.  

0 Likes