missing e-mails
Rolls44

Several people hav told me that they have sent me e-mail in the last several days that I have not received.  During this period Verizon had an outage affecting some e-mail accounts.  The outage was for a number of hours.  Was in-coming e-mail lost during this outage?

0 Likes
Re: missing e-mails
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

With the outage cleared if you do not have those emails, then yes they are lost. Your friends can you use their sent items folder to resend you the missing email.

0 Likes
Re: missing e-mails
gvs07

So basically Verizon is having email outages that permanently lose email? How often do these outages happen? Why doesn't Verizon let customers know they may have missed important emails?

I have had at least two people in the past several weeks say that they've sent me e-mail but I never got it. I never had any knowledge of an email outage. If these people hadn't followed up on the e-mail later, I never would have known. One of the messages I didn't get was a bill announcement, leading me to a late payment. One was the offer of a freelance job, which thankfully I found out about through another medium. I'm wondering if I'd be better off using gmail.

0 Likes