new email settings
kathyplummer

I tried changing to the new settings so that I could receive emails in Outlook.  After making the change I did a test email and nothing was received.  I changed back to the old settings and did a test and the email came through immediately.  A few years ago when we were supposed to make setting changes I did the same thing with the same results.  My settings on my home laptop and Blackberry have remained with the old settings until I can be sure that I'll receive messages.

If you have a solution to why this is not working please let me know and I'll try.

thanks, Kathy

0 Likes
Re: new email settings
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kathyplummer wrote:

I tried changing to the new settings so that I could receive emails in Outlook.  After making the change I did a test email and nothing was received.  I changed back to the old settings and did a test and the email came through immediately.  A few years ago when we were supposed to make setting changes I did the same thing with the same results.  My settings on my home laptop and Blackberry have remained with the old settings until I can be sure that I'll receive messages.

If you have a solution to why this is not working please let me know and I'll try.

thanks, Kathy

If you don't tell us what settings you are using that aren't working (and what error you are getting), we can't tell you what to change to fix them. Screenshots are best, but be sure to obscure your username and password.

0 Likes
Aldef1

I just tried the same thing--this was my second notice.  It did not work either--I use MS Outlook.  I think they are nuts.  This is the second thime I have tried to comply.

0 Likes
REShaman
I, too, received a second notice from Verizon re changing the account settings on all my devices. When I change incoming to pop. verizon.net and outgoing to smtp.verizon.net on my iPad2 all my emails disappear and an error message informs me pop server can not receive mail or get mail. As soon as I change back to incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net and reboot, my emails reappear. What am I supposed to do? Follow instructions and remain in limbo? Please, this is moronic!

Best,
Richard
0 Likes
REShaman
Update about the email settings and iPad2. The new settings do work! I missed (each time I attempted to follow through) the authentication setting for one of the servers. Once I reviewed each Verizon account on my iPad2 and went through each category and discovered my omission, everything worked correctly. The only moronic aspect was me. Not rectified. In the words of Emily Litella, "never mind".

Best,
Richard
0 Likes
hywyer

Just curious what you missed. I did the same thing and I still get the same error. Not sure if it is the fact that my ipad does not have a cellular connection and only uses the wifi connection in my house. I have tried it at least three times and had to go back to the same settings. Worked for my Iphone 4 no problem.

Thanks

0 Likes