new email
DebbieN1
Enthusiast - Level 1

this new email sucks.  I asked for my classic email back and was told I can't have it.  For what I pay every month, I should be allowed to request my classic email.  Looks like I will be checking into Comcast.

Re: new email
Justin46
Legend

@DebbieN wrote:

this new email sucks.  I asked for my classic email back and was told I can't have it.  For what I pay every month, I should be allowed to request my classic email.  Looks like I will be checking into Comcast.

Of course that is up to you.

But what is it you don't like about the new email? If you give some specifics, maybe someone can help you fix them, change them, find an alternative, etc. With no specific info about what is bugging you, nobody can help.

I actually agree with Verizon about not allowing people to go back to the old webmail interface. It costs money to provide and support two different applications. What they should be doing is updating the new email (quickly!) with the "lost" function that people need, plus of course adding new function. Just my opinion of course.....

If you really want to continue using webmail, there are lots of webmail providers that you can use that can access Verizon's email servers, you might want to look into them. Or you can switch to using an email client on your computer. So you do have options and can still stay with Verizon.

Keller, TX 76248

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DebbieN wrote:

I asked for my classic email back and was told I can't have it.

Yes you can with the old interface.

To get there. quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/I-hate-this-new-email-How-do-I-go-back/td-p/260257/pa...

Verizon seems to have removed the "Go To Classic View" tab if you have been using the new format for any length of time. However, you CAN simulate the function of that missing button and revert to the Classic View (despite what Verizon Customer Support reps might tell you) simply by following these very simple instructions:

Login to your account and go to your inbox view. In the address bar at the top of your screen, type the following EXACTLY as I have typed it here:

http://webmail.verizon.com/signin/VMCOptOut?src=vmc

Click ENTER to the right of the address bar (or press the ENTER key on your keyboard).

(this command basically tells the system that you are Opting Out of the new view)

That's it!  Your account should now be reverted back to the Classic View.

Enjoy!

OneClick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried it on accounts that have been forced over several weeks ago and it works.  Tried it on other accounts where it comes up with the option to switch and after you copy past the link and re-login you don't get the option to switch screen it just goes to your normal Classic screen.  Guess they call it a Classic screen for a reason.  If it is a permanent fix,  guess I will be staying with Verizon.  Somebody must be listening.