×

Switch Account

not able to manage sub accounts

Reply
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎06-28-2010

not able to manage sub accounts

Message 1 of 15
(3,865 Views)

I have two sub accounts, one for my wife an one for my daughter.

I need to "manage sub accounts" but when I click the "Manage Sub Accounts" button, the button just disappears.  I thried navigating by hoverign over My Verizon then then clicking on "Manage Sub Accounts" and I get the "Manage Profile sttings" page with the "Manage Sub Accounts Card" with no "Manage" Button. 

 

None of the help options fits and tryign o help from Verizon.com is an endless circle of hades if you don't have a proplem they've already predefined.

 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 2 of 15
(3,862 Views)

@IchthusAg wrote:

I have two sub accounts, one for my wife an one for my daughter.

I need to "manage sub accounts" but when I click the "Manage Sub Accounts" button, the button just disappears.  I thried navigating by hoverign over My Verizon then then clicking on "Manage Sub Accounts" and I get the "Manage Profile sttings" page with the "Manage Sub Accounts Card" with no "Manage" Button. 

 

None of the help options fits and tryign o help from Verizon.com is an endless circle of hades if you don't have a proplem they've already predefined.

 


I experienced the same thing today. Have you already migrated all of your email accounts to AOL? If so it appears you can no longer manage them (or even see them) on My Verizon, once migrated they become native AOL accounts. If you haven't migrated them yet, it may be that both accounts have been offered the AOL migration and you/they haven't done that yet. If this is the case you/they need to log into webmail for each account and go through the migration (and hope it works - I have 3 sub accounts and two have migrated successfully, the third just won't migrate, I get an error when I enter the security code during the migration, can't get past that so far).

 

Anyway, I am pretty sure this is all tied to the AOL email migration.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV: Extreme HD, Internet: 50/50, Digital Voice
VMS Enhanced Service: 1 server, 2 clients
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎06-28-2010

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 3 of 15
(3,796 Views)
@Justin wrote:

@IchthusAg wrote:

I have two sub accounts, one for my wife an one for my daughter.

I need to "manage sub accounts" but when I click the "Manage Sub Accounts" button, the button just disappears.  I thried navigating by hoverign over My Verizon then then clicking on "Manage Sub Accounts" and I get the "Manage Profile sttings" page with the "Manage Sub Accounts Card" with no "Manage" Button. 

 

None of the help options fits and tryign o help from Verizon.com is an endless circle of hades if you don't have a proplem they've already predefined.

 


I experienced the same thing today. Have you already migrated all of your email accounts to AOL? If so it appears you can no longer manage them (or even see them) on My Verizon, once migrated they become native AOL accounts. If you haven't migrated them yet, it may be that both accounts have been offered the AOL migration and you/they haven't done that yet. If this is the case you/they need to log into webmail for each account and go through the migration (and hope it works - I have 3 sub accounts and two have migrated successfully, the third just won't migrate, I get an error when I enter the security code during the migration, can't get past that so far).

 

Anyway, I am pretty sure this is all tied to the AOL email migration.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV: Extreme HD, Internet: 50/50, Digital Voice
VMS Enhanced Service: 1 server, 2 clients
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

I have only migrated mine - the primary.  I went to migrate my wife's but it wasn't available for her yet.  Part of what I don't understand.  I think thei whole migration tho AOL is a cluster and definitely could have been managed better.

 

 

 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 4,437
Registered: ‎12-16-2012

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 4 of 15
(3,783 Views)

THEY SHOULD appear in both AOL and Verizon.  Of course they may have screwed that up. 

The email id, once migrated, is a seperate account for AOL.  But other functions such as TV sub accounts SHOULD exist.  Don't have one set up anymore to check.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 5 of 15
(3,786 Views)

@tns_2 wrote:

THEY SHOULD appear in both AOL and Verizon.  Of course they may have screwed that up. 

The email id, once migrated, is a seperate account for AOL.  But other functions such as TV sub accounts SHOULD exist.  Don't have one set up anymore to check.


Good point. But note that the OP and I are in the same VHO, actually the same city, so it may be that since we are both in an area being sold to Frontier that perhaps Verizon is just wiping us out a little early. But who knows????? I for sure don't.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV: Extreme HD, Internet: 50/50, Digital Voice
VMS Enhanced Service: 1 server, 2 clients
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

 

 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎06-28-2010

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 6 of 15
(3,768 Views)

"As a Verizon customer, you may create up to 9 sub accounts for others to access certain Verizon services. Here you can create those accounts with specific access levels."

 

Presumably this is not EMAIL specific, but the fact Verizon website is loaded with misinformation I shouldn't be surprised.  

 

I just wish there were a way to communicate this to someone and get a response.  

 

Help on the site is useless.

 

both of my sub accounts still can access email at "webmail.verizon.com" and neitehr have been prompted to migrate to AOL.

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-25-2016

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 7 of 15
(3,726 Views)

I can't manage or even find my subaccounts!   HELP  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎12-06-2010

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 8 of 15
(3,554 Views)

My sons account keeps asking for a password, I have wasted hours and hours tring to manage my sub accounts, the names are ther, but no accsess.THIS IS ONE CLUSTER FOR SURE, Verizon has become a quagmire of saving money at customer service expense. We need answers from them but I am sure that will never happen here.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎03-26-2012

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 9 of 15
(3,433 Views)

I cannot manage any subaccounts either.

 

When clicking on Manage Sub Accounts the list of accounts will not appear. This is what I see.

 

Clicking on the blue Select a Sub Account to Manage results in NOTHING.... Nada.....

 

Once again, malfunctioning code and or software. 

 

Hours of time the past 10 days as a result of inoperable, poorly functioning software, code, etc across all the Verizon domains.  From Fios TV, to now this!!

Screen shot inserted.... this is the only thing I see.

 

So how the heck are we supposed to access or attempt to manage sub-accounts???

 

subaccount.JPG

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎03-26-2012

Re: not able to manage sub accounts

Message 10 of 15
(3,425 Views)

I would recommend that developers/ programmers take a look at this code for coding errors........... 😞 😞

 

sub account code.JPG

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.