Re: poor support for email problems
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

tns,

i believe verizon filters mail without giving notice. why it is being filtered no one can clarify what exactly happins.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are some cases where email is not delivered OUTGOING.  Incoming they usually give you everything they get INCLUDING SPAM if you don't have it set to delete.  They do reserve the right to delete SPAM incoming but normally will not becuase of false positives.  I do wonder if they detect actual attacts/viruses/trojoans and reject them.  However there are lots of places for mail to be lost before it reaches Verizon.  And many ISP have their own rules.

MESSAGE SIZE used to be very limited and still is limited. 

See also Verizon Spam Policy https://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_policies&id=AntiSpamPolicy

"Limitations on Sending E-mail

• You may send a single e-mail message to a maximum of 100 recipients in one mailing, not to exceed 500 recipients within a one hour period. All single e-mails sent to over 100 addressees will not be delivered. No notice will be given to you in this case.
  • If you send e-mails to more than 500 recipients within a one hour period, your ability to send ANY e-mail messages is suspended for 24 hours. You will receive a Notice regarding this action."
0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

tns,

remind you this is a 100+ billion dollar company that has no clue about spam control, it's not rocket science there are free online email programs that control spam great yet verizon is a isp and customers have to deal with this sillyness.the spam policy is worthless.confused why someone would post that junk.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remember we are just peers.  They only reason I posted is to let you now their formal policy.

YOU ARE ALWAYS BETTER off to use your own spam filters against an email client.  This works much better than counting on a WEB version.  None of the Web versions work very well.

Ps: to earlier poster I have no trouble getting Kohl emails.

0 Likes
nan24

received notification my verizon bill is going up but my problem has not been resolved---time for a new isp

0 Likes