"New Email Version" not available?
spfrank

I noticed at the end of last week, I no longer had access to the Verizon Webmail's "Rich Interface." The link to that was replaced with a link to "Go to New Email Version" (http://webmail.verizon.com/signin/VMCConversion?action=optin), which only gives this error:

> Sorry. We are unable to complete your message center setup. We apologize for the inconvenience.

There is no additional information, nor have I found any way to access the supposedly "new email version." I hate the old version, and barely tolerated the "rich interface," so I have been looking forward to the much touted new version.

Am I the only one who is getting this error, or is the "new email version" really just not yet available?

Thanks,

Steven

0 Likes
Re: "New Email Version" not available?
Justin46
Legend

Steven

Good post, thanks for bringing this up. I too noticed the change recently. I was using the Rich Interface, was perfectly happy with it since the only time I really use the web interface is to check and delete spam, I normally use Windows Live Mail as my email client. I saw that link to the "new email", clicked on it, saw a Verizon Message Center Wizard Setup screen, and just stopped right there. There have been many posts about web email not working, etc, and I don't know if it is the conversion to the "new email" that has caused the problem or not. But I just decided to stick with what I have now, it works for what I use it for. But I did not get the error message you did, and I just tried it now.

Hopefully somebody who has done the "conversion" can give us more info on what good stuff it provides, and perhaps explain the error message you are getting. Do you use the regular Verizon email, or Yahoo (or whatever else they offer), I use the regular Verizon email, maybe that makes a difference? Anybody?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
spfrank

Thanks for the reply, Justin.

I too use the regular Verizon.net email. I've gotten away from using an email client, like Outlook, Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc., as I like to be able to access my email from various devices, including my Verizon Wireless mobile phone and multiple computers. The rich interface was generally sufficient, but the basic interface is sorely lacking, especially compared to other webmail providers (including Gmail and Yahoo). If this is all I can get from Verizon now, I may have to rethink my email strategy!

I access Verizon webmail using this URL: http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/. I've been using this URL for a long time, but I haven't found any other that seems to make a difference in being able to get to the "new email." I'd be quite happy to update my bookmark, if that's what it takes. Smiley Wink

...Steven

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Steven,

That is the same link I use, have been using it for a long time. And when I clicked on the link you provided in your original post, I get the page shown in the attachment below; you don't get that, you get the error at that point?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
spfrank

Justin,

No, that is not at all what I see. This is what I see: sorrymsgvzwebmail.jpg

I get this exact message in three different browsers: Chrome 5.0.375.70, Firefox 3.6.4 and IE 7.0.5730.13.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steven

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Steven,

Where are you located? You aren't by chance in an area Frontier has or is taking over from Verizon are you? I am following the exact same link you are and getting different results. Makes no sense to me. Wish I had an answer but I don't....sorry.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
spfrank

New Jersey.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I don't get it, but one last thing. When I go to webmail, I get the login screen from 206.46.232.14. Once I log in and see the email screen I am connected to 206.46.232.27. And when I click on the link to the new email it stays at 206.46.232.27. How about you, what IP addresses are you seeing? Seems to me either we are on a different set of servers or there is something screwed up in your email account definition.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
spfrank

Hi Justin,

Yes, the IP for the login page I get at webmail.verizon.net is the same: 206.46.232.14.

And the page I'm directed to has the same IP address: 206.46.232.27.

This is becoming incredibly frustrating. I've now tried on multiple computers, multiple browsers, and I consistently get the same exact error:

SORRY
We are unable to complete your message center setup. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As a web developer, I understand and give allowance for a short period of "inconvenience." However, this has been going on too long and for seemingly no real reason. It is especially frustrating when others are not having this issue.

What is wrong with my account that prevents me from 'completing message center setup'?

Do you know of a phone # that I can call to get reasonable support?

Thanks,

Steven

0 Likes
JMF74
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the same error message when I click to go to the new e-mail version, however, it appears that I am still using the Rich Interface, not the basic interface. I did note that I am no longer able to access my POP e-mail accounts from Verizon e-Mail once this new e-mail version message showed up.

0 Likes