"Server incoming.verizon.net rejected your username and password"
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

Just now, while trying to check for new email with my pop client, I started getting the error message "Server incoming.verizon.net rejected your username and password".  No changes have been made in the client since the last time it successfully retrieved email from this server which, according to the logs, was at 04:10:35 this morning.

Is anybody else having trouble checking pop mail?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Server incoming.verizon.net rejected your username and password"
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

Looked at the settings in the email client again and noticed that the username for that particular sub-account did not include "@verizon.net" but the others did.  I added that and now it seems to be working.  It worked fine before without it, so why it suddenly decided it needed that today when it didn't before I don't know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

I should have mentioned that "incoming.verizon.net" is the email client's nickname for that account, the actual server it is trying to log in to is "pop.verizon.net".

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

Looked at the settings in the email client again and noticed that the username for that particular sub-account did not include "@verizon.net" but the others did.  I added that and now it seems to be working.  It worked fine before without it, so why it suddenly decided it needed that today when it didn't before I don't know.

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

It's now rejecting me again.  I am certain that the settings have not changed since the last time it was working.

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

It's working again in my pop client, after I logged in through the web site.  Why it does this with one sub account and not the others is a mystery to me.

0 Likes
wallacecj

Same problem here.  Works some times and not others.  Checked passwords and account settings and they are correct.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes