10-11-2012 04:46 PM - edited 10-11-2012 05:00 PM
I was mistaken. I had two rules duplicated one with two duplicates so there were actually three duplicate rules in total, not one. My mistake 😞
10/11: 1431 hrs ~15 mins
Received a call based upon my Case ID Number.
I then had a direct Point of Contact by name and direct phone number on this issue [ whom I'll call the Problem PoC from hereon in ] The issuance of the Problem PoC fell outside the realm of any “private support case thread” which was actually a fruitless endeavour. The subject was discussed and I dictated a few sentences relating the problem to the assigned Problem PoC. The Problem PoC would then, in turn, provide that text to the head of the OSC via an upcoming conference call.
10/11: 1517 hrs ~10 mins
I received a follow-up call from the assigned Problem PoC. It was relayed to me that an administrator could delete the offending duplicate rules noting it was believed the account hit the 50 rule limit. I told the Problem PoC that I had extracted all the rules numbering 32. I had sorted the rules and found the one duplicate rule. I deleted that duplicate making my backup list having only 31 rules. Well below the 50 rule maximum limit. [ as it turned out I was looking at the wrong list and I relayed the wrong number to the Problem PoC. I had two rules duplicated one with two duplicates so there were actually three duplicate rules in total, not one. ] We discussed having the Webmail Administrator delete all the rules as I could easily reproduce them noting to the Problem PoC that this was a suggestion I had made on September 27th.
10/11: 1907 hrs
Went into the affected account and into the Filter settings. All filter rules were removed by the Webmail administrator. Re-entered 29 filter rules with no sequalae.
NOTES: For me, this issue was resolved by the Webmail Administrator deleting all Filter Rules. Since I had created a manual backup, reinstating the rules without duplicates, was easy.
However, getting that Webmail Administrator action performed had nothing to do with out-of-band Private Forum actions. I knew what group to contact once the 3rd ticket was summarily closed. That 3rd ticket closing, without any action taking place, gave me sufficient reason to contact that resolution group.
More than 5.5 hours were spent with the "normal" support group.
Approx 40 mins were spent with the final group who were actually able to effectuate a resolution
Congratulations! Glad to hear all is now well. Took long enough though didn't it? Look at all the time lost on all sides when it probaqbly could have been fixed the first time in a few mintues if someone at Verizon had just been willing to step up and own the problem.
Thanks for following up so thoroughly and persistently on this problem.
FiOS TV, 25/25 Internet, and Digital Voice user
QIP7232, QIP7100-P2, IMG 1.9.1
Keller, TX 76248
Big run around for me after contacting Verizon about the mail filters issue. The phone agents have no clue this problem even exists or what to do about it. They insist it is my browser's problem, although I've logged in to filters from several different computers, OS's and browsers only to frustrate over the same issue - can't add, change, delete or "clean" filters. I allowed VZ agent to remote access (ugh) and had my logged-in page directly open to filters. The agent didn't even try to delete any of my filters (so she could see the problem I was referring to). Agent immediately started collapsing my open Verizon webmail pages and tried to access my IE tool bar, systems, etc. I shut her down immediately. Tired of these bugs in the system that Verizon refuses to address and tired of their know-nothing phone reps.
Send me a Personal message (PM) or send me an email. My Forum account name is the preamble of my email address. I will provide you the phone number of whom to contact.. By contacting them and referencing this forum thread, you will get resolution.
As an additional note...
I received a quality control (QC) and Verification phone call from the final resolution group I had used. We had discussed the overarching problems getting resolution and he indicated he has read this thread. Needless to say he did not like what I had to go through to get resolution.
I received another QC phone call on my issue and verification that my Case ID Number is resolved and could it be closed. I mentioned you (not by name) also are running into the SAME situation that I did. I was given permission to provide you with the name and direct phone number of the Problem PoC who assisted me and he can assist you.
If you are addressing me, I don't quite un derstrand what you are saying.
Since you and at least two others had the problem, it would be nice if the next person who had a problem knew how to talk to the regular support to get it fixed. E.g. Some problems are handled by "fiber solutions" , etc. Would save the next person lots of time if he knew the area within verizon he needed his problem switched to.