Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
When I am sent spam email containing dangerous attachments, or phishing scams that are prompting to go to a site and enter personal information, I want to report it to the domain controller that I look up in whois.net. But I need to send a copy of the offending mail to them so they can identify it. Verizon in its infinite wisdom blocks the forwarding of that email, in spite of the fact that they allowed it into my inbox themselves. Is there some way to bypass this checking to help the domain admin indentify the original message? Thanks...