safe eMail messages sent to me marked as phishing or blocked
questioner64
I have been using VERIZON DSL / HSI for almost 5 years. I use Vista Windows Mail for my eMail . In the last 12 months or so eMail messages sent to me from known, safe eMail addresses have landed in the junk eMail box marked as "phishing". They have been from several family members whose eMail addresses are with gmail.. Some come in occasionaly and go into the Inbox. In the last two to three months a number of these messages have been completely blocked / I do not get them. Also messages from some businesses such as the Container Store also land as phishing. Messages from other people with gmail arrive in the inbox. I would appreciate any ideas / help that you can give me.
0 Likes
Re: safe eMail messages sent to me marked as phishing or blocked
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are they being moved to the spam folder in Windows Mail or on the Verizon webmail page? That will tell us which filter is doing the blocking and help determine the next step.

0 Likes
questioner64

Thank you for "listening". I did not know about  the Verizon webmail  Spam Detector folder - I rarely look at Verizon webmail  - my son set it up several years ago in case I wanted to use it while traveling.. This folder has only 8 messages in it  from recent days - Feb. 10 - 13. I will now tell you about most recent messages.

Sender 1 -  messages on Feb. 4th - were moved into the Junk Mail folder and shown as ??? phishing in Windows Mail.

The same messages were in the regular inbox in Verizon webmail..

Sender 2 - did not receive a message from her sent on Feb. 7th in any folder in Windows Mail..

A message sent on Feb. 10th is not in any folder in Windows Mail

The Feb. 10th message is in Verizon webmail in the Spam Detector folder.

Sender 3 - I do not know about any recent messages.

I do receive messages from other gmail senders in my Inbox in Windows Mail.with no Apparent problem.

The "commercial" messages   

In Verizon webmail there are several from Land's End . Over the past several years there have been a number of times 

when I would not receive any from Land's End. I was not aware that I was missing them in the last week or so. A few are

coming in to to Windows Mail in the Inbox.:

There are also some from Radil Shack  -  I have gotten others in the Window Mail Inbox.

There is also one on Feb 10th from West Virginia Vacations. I did not know that I was not getting them

I hope that some of this will help.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@questioner64 wrote:

Thank you for "listening". I did not know about  the Verizon webmail  Spam Detector folder - I rarely look at Verizon webmail  - my son set it up several years ago in case I wanted to use it while traveling.. This folder has only 8 messages in it  from recent days - Feb. 10 - 13. I will now tell you about most recent messages.

Sender 1 -  messages on Feb. 4th - were moved into the Junk Mail folder and shown as ??? phishing in Windows Mail.

The same messages were in the regular inbox in Verizon webmail..

Sender 2 - did not receive a message from her sent on Feb. 7th in any folder in Windows Mail..

A message sent on Feb. 10th is not in any folder in Windows Mail

The Feb. 10th message is in Verizon webmail in the Spam Detector folder.

Sender 3 - I do not know about any recent messages.

I do receive messages from other gmail senders in my Inbox in Windows Mail.with no Apparent problem.

The "commercial" messages   

In Verizon webmail there are several from Land's End . Over the past several years there have been a number of times 

when I would not receive any from Land's End. I was not aware that I was missing them in the last week or so. A few are

coming in to to Windows Mail in the Inbox.:

There are also some from Radil Shack  -  I have gotten others in the Window Mail Inbox.

There is also one on Feb 10th from West Virginia Vacations. I did not know that I was not getting them

I hope that some of this will help.

You can add them to the Safe List and/or turn off the Spam Detector at verizon.net, but that will only fix the messages being routed to the Spam folder on verizon.net.

As for the messages being marked spam/phishing in Windows Mail, those are being blocked by the program. The following article might be helpful. It contains information about adding senders to a safe list.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-spam-and-other-unwanted-e-mail

0 Likes