saving emails
cmveatch

Can I take my personal folders of saved emails to my home computer?

0 Likes
Re: saving emails
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are they now ?

On the Verizon server ?

OR 

Did you migrate them to AOL VERIZON ?

Do you have something like Outlook on your PC ?

Please provide more information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

0 Likes
cmveatch

My emails are saved on the Verizon server. I haven't changed over to any other company yet because I want to transfer my saved emails to my computer.  A long time ago Verizon was giving customers an option to switch over to AOL.  We were told if we didn't like it we could switch back. Well, that's what happened with me.  I didn't like the AOL, switched back to Verizon and all my saved emails were dumped. I'm afraid if I transfer to a new company and don't like it, it'll happen again. There are entirely too many to print them all out and it would take me a year to do something with each individually.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
cmveatch

Thank you for your suggestions but, I don't want to import my emails to another carrier, I want to transfer them to the hard drive on my computer.  Between the various committees I'm on, I have my emails saved in my verizon acct in 10 folders and all toll there's over 1,000 individual pieces.  I want to move them onto my computer and then changed to a new carrier.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have Outlook 2013 as p/o Office 2013 on my PC running Windows 10.

It is set up to download anything on the verizon Inbox to its Inbox

Here is how you can do what you want for each Folder 1 to 10.

After setting up Outlook to "receive" email from VZ

Clear the vz inbox.

Move ALL of Folder 1 to vz Inbox

It will go to Outlook Inbox

Make a Folder 1 in Outlook

Move Outlook Inbox into Folder 1 in Outlook.

Clear both Inboxes

Repeat process for Folders 2 to 10.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes